Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Stuck on You - August 2020 Card Chain Challenge


Hi, Friends......

It's reveal day at the Card Chain Challenge for our August cards. This is such a fun group and I strongly encourage you to sign up to get involved!


 



I received this cheery and colorful card from Chris in Illinois:






This is the card I made for Hillary in the UK, using an adorable cactus NBUS stamp set from my crafty pal, Karen Ladd. (THANKS, Karen!) It's hard to tell from the photo, but I added sparkle to the succulents with my Wink of Stella pen, too.



Supplies used include:
Craft Smart - Cactus stamp and die set (have to scroll down to find the right set...)
Lawn Fawn Pottery Barn Ink Cube Set
(contains Jellyfish, Crunchy Leaf, River Rock, and Jet Black)
Spectrum Noir markers
Distress Markers
Distress Ink
Wink of Stella pen
Lawn Fawn - Small Stitched Rectangles die set
Scraps of DCWV paper and white cardstock
Twine from my stash

Sign-up for the September exchange HERE is still open for a few more days! Hope you will join us.

Take care everyone....esp those of you who are additionally affected by the terrible fires in several parts of the world. Thankfully, our community has not had any nearby fires this year. Thank you for stopping by today!!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #454-455 - Anything Goes
2. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #122
3. NBUS Challenge #18
4. Crafty Hazelnut's September Patterned Paper Challenge
5. Double Trouble Challenge #65 - Thing 1: AG

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Janis. I like your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janis, Thank you so much for the card you sent. So nice of you to remember me. I am so glad we met through this card challenge. I love to hear from you. Hoping your cat hop goes real well. Let me know about it after it gets done.
    Love,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to add sparkle to the cacti, Janis! I live in Arizona and have grown to appreciate the beauty of a cactus. Nice mix of papers, too. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #65.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. Fun card and like your selection of colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cacti and I like the gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble, Janis! A great image/sentiment combo! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift from Karen and a perfect card for Hilary, who loves cacti and succulents! It's a great design, Janis! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love a good succulent card! So cute! That image of the cat on the cactus cracks me up. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card!
    Oh that cat on cactus is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling pair of cacti, Janis! So fun on the orange gingham!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh lovely card!!! I'm so out of the loop... come looking for Cat Lovers and there is the piccie and dates on your right top corner :) .... I will have to reignite my blog!! Its been a strange but busy year for me and 2 months away from retiring..I CANNOT WAIT! In the meantime I hope you are well, and I'll be looking forward to sharing about Yassi again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janis!! How are you? I see you're still creating super cute stuff! Guess what?....Dragonfly Journeys is back in action! Stop by and see me when you have a minute.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so pleased to receive this card in August. I am so sorry I haven't visited before. the card you received looks bright and cheery. I am just going through the September reveal, there are so many cards that it takes ages! I love it though xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis