Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Rudolph Days - Merry Christmas Sloth

 


IMPORTANT NOTE to my email subscribers:  Please resubscribe using the box on the sidebar.  Or alternately (an option I like better for the blogs I subscribe to by email) go to https://blogtrottr.com/ and paste in this link:  https://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/ to continue to receive my updates in your email.  THANKS. 

 

Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a super-fun card for the July Rudolph Days challenge over at Scrappy Mo's.  I have been trying to get this card blogged for the last several days and now it is the deadline so......here it is!!  lol....

I had some old Stampendous flocked snowflake stickers in my stash that needed to be used.  I thought they'd look good on a simple red background.  I received this adorable Christmas sloth in a set from the sweet and generous Holley Barnhart.  (THANKS, Holley!!!)  I wasn't sure how the sloth stamp would look in red ink, but I LOVE it!!  What do you think?


Supplies used include:
Stampendous - Class A'Peel Velvet Snowflake Stickers (retired)
Pebbles - Cozy & Bright stamp set
Versafine ink in Satin Red
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set - retired
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set (apparently retired)
Scraps from my stash for mats and frames

Hope you liked this whimsical sloth Christmas card!  Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Stay safe in the hot weather if you are in the Northern half of the globe.  Here in my part of Idaho, we haven't had more than a few drops of rain in a couple of months and thunderstorms are predicted for the next four days. Eek! My family is packing Go Bags, in case we need to evacuate suddenly.  I would appreciate your prayers for safety from fire!  Thank you.


Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
July Rudolph Days
2. CARDZ-TV AG Challenge #146
3. Christmas Kickstart challenge 52, fluffy or furry


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is adorable and I love all the red,white and kraft. Reminds me of the Scandinavian folk art style. Oh, I do hope you don't have a repeat of several years ago with wildfires. Will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and cute! Love the colours you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very gorgeous card and such a lovely design too.
    I love those flocked snowflakes they look brilliant.
    What a great stamped image of the sloth it looks fab in red.
    My Great Granddaughter a couple of years ago loved sloths now she has moved onto Harry Potter.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card, Janis.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Janis, and unexpected, to see a sloth decked out in Christmas garb! Love the sweet card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely not a traditional xmas animal but very cute and very striking in the red and white. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!!
    How cute.
    https://admsneezeguardsusa.wordpress.com/2021/08/10/the-hidden-mystery-behind-portable-screen-adm-sneezeguards/

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis