As many of you know, my hubby is a veterinarian. He sometimes needs an extra special pet sympathy card for friends he helps through the difficult time of losing a pet. He requested I make a card this week for him to send. When he saw it, he liked the design so well that he asked if I might make him several to have on hand. I made some for dogs and some for cats.
I had the idea of this card from how pets leave such a hole in our hearts when we lose them. That is symbolized by the dog shape die cut out of the heart and the pawprints leading away with the dog nearly out of sight. The CAS design is uncluttered and straight to the point. I was able to use scraps for the heart and the dog.
Supplies used include:
KI Memories - Pets stamp set (retired) - pawprint
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (retired)
Paper Smooches - Feline Friends stamp set (retired) - sentiment
Find It Trading - Amy Design - Animal Medley die set (retired) - dog
Darice - Nesting Hearts die set
Versafine ink in Smokey Gray
Scraps of red and shimmery gray cardstock
Hope this card inspires you to perhaps have a pet sympathy card or two on hand. They can be difficult to make when you suddenly need one.
Thank you for stopping by today. Hope all of you in the path of the winter storms stay safe!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Snippets Playground Challenge #420 Ruby's Memory - Use Snippets
2. Cut It Up Challenge #244 - Hard To Say
3. DL.ART Feb 2022 Linky Party
4. Double Trouble Challenge #102 - Thing 1: AG, Thing 2: Entering at Dies R Us
5. Dies R Us Challenge 186 - Valentine's/Love
6. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #529-530 - AG
7. Double D Challenge - Hearts
9. Die Cut Divas Feb 2022 Challenge - Angle It (I have the pawprints angled up from the heart.)