I am back with my last in a series of three gate-fold cards I made for the current Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge. They included a very nice tutorial on making gate-fold cards to follow for this challenge. This time I made a rather masculine-looking sympathy card to have on hand. If you missed my first two gate-fold cards, you can see them here and here.
For the simple floral image, I used my Mark's Finest Papers - Nature's Brushstrokes stamp set and Distress Ink in Black Soot. I stamped off onto a different piece of paper to mute the intensity of the ink before stamping onto my focal panel and then I heat embossed it with clear powder. I cut scraps for my panels with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set. I like the clean, tailored look. I kept with dark tones so the card would be suitable for a man, but heat embossed the sentiment from my stash with white powder to make it stand out against the deep leafy patterned paper scraps.
Thanks for taking a look at my cards today! I hope you are having a wonderful mid-week!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge - Gate Fold Card tutorial challenge
2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #218 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 212 - Use Snippets
4. House of Cards January Challenge - Embossing or Color Challenge
5. Make My Monday Challenge Blog - Stitching Real or Faux