I am here with my third (and, I think, final) entry for the Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping. If you missed my first and second entries, you can see them here and here. I got super-inspired and made four backgrounds with this fun technique, but I think I will save my fourth one for later.
On this card, I used a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" acrylic block....but when I inked it up initially, I only made a roundish smoosh in the middle of it with the ink...and then stamped with it on white cardstock using Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Scattered Straw. Then I turned the block on its side and inked the narrow edge and stamped with it using Vintage Photo. Then I decided I didn't like the white background, so I sponged an ombre look using Fossilized Amber, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, and Barn Door. Now, this I liked!
I stamped the giraffe image from Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest stamp set with Versafine Vintage Sepia on a scrap of vellum and heat embossed with clear powder. This piece was my second attempt.....since I messed my first one up! Arrrgh... The first vellum scrap had some irregular cuts in it which I cut around for an interesting curvy edge. I liked that effect so well that I cut this perfectly straight-edged second vellum scrap with a curvy edge, too! lol...
The sentiment is from the same MFP set and I stamped and heat embossed it the same way as the giraffe on a scrap of cardstock. I added the burlap paper scrap and the bit of jute for some safari texture.
|Simple stamped sentiment inside of card.|
Hope you enjoyed my three cards for the MFP Acrylic Block Stamping challenge. Thanks for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping
2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #217 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Craft Stamper TIMI January Challenge - Take a Stamp
5. House of Cards January Challenge - Embossing or Color Challenge
6. One Crazy Stamper January Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #39 - You Crack Me Up :)
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Ombre