Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Cup of Love
I am here with a sweet card that can be used as valentine or as an all-occasion card for someone close to your heart.
I was inspired by the colors on the MarkerPOP Challenge palette and the pretty bowl of hearts on the photo. They ask you to use a coloring medium that they sell.....I used Distress Markers and Inks....and to use at least 3 of the colors plus a neutral of our choice.
You might already know how I love to use my long strips of patterned paper scraps to make backgrounds. Well, I happened to have one of them on hand in these colors!! Yay!! I teamed it up with a Unity - Java Friend mug image (stamped with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray) that I colored in matching hues with my Distress Markers (Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, and Worn Lipstick) and added a layer of sparkle with my Wink of Stella pen. I sponged around on the focal panel with Distress Ink in Milled Lavender.
I cut the panels with My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set and Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangles die set. To finish things off, I added some dollar store foam hearts (Can you tell that two of them are foil and one is matte?) and some pretty sequins.
Even though I am a very novice colorist, I enjoy trying out these MarkerPOP coloring challenges. I love the soft colors of this particular palette and rather like how my card turned out. Hope you like it, too! Thank you for stopping in and for leaving your encouraging and helpful comments!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MarkerPOP Color Challenge #13
2. Cut It Up Challenge #114 - Hot Drink
3. Die Cut Divas February Challenge - Use Red or Pink
4. Crop Stop January Linky Party #24 - Anything Goes use prod CS sells
(I used Distress Ink and MFT craft dies.)
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #197 - Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love
7. Crafting When We Can Challenge #136 - Spots &/or Stripes
8. HeARTful Stamping Challenge (Jan. 29 - Feb.5) - Anything Goes + Rubber Stamp
9. DL.Art February Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge - Use Patterned Paper