Tuesday, January 31, 2017

You're Kinda Pawesome


Hi, Friends.....

I am back with a colorful card I made especially for a special cause and for a fun challenge.

http://www.christinahordesigns.com/2017/01/hug-heart-card-drive-2017.html


First off is the Hug A Heart Drive that I heard about on the lovely Donna Ellis' blog post HERE. This is a card drive especially for Heart Center patients at Nationwide Children’s Hospital during February, which is American Heart Month. You can find out all the card requirements and specifications HERE. They are asking for Heart-Themed, but NOT Valentine cards which will be given to children hospitalized with serious heart conditions. 

The drive runs from Jan. 16 - Feb. 14 and there will be a big blog hop tomorrow on Feb. 1 to help raise awareness. You can find out more details about the hop and about the drive at Christina Hor's blog.
[On a personal note, this is a near and dear cause to me because a number of years ago my sister-in-law, Andrea, while still a young woman, was felled by a serious heart condition as she awaited a heart transplant. Thank you so much for your participation!!]


Secondly, I am participating in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #10, her third of three NBUS challenges this month. You DON'T want to miss out on this one because Darnell has come up with the most ingenious background technique using BUBBLE WRAP!!! I know.....crazy, right? Well, you won't think so when you see her totally awesome creations with it. WOW doesn't begin to describe them!!! Hop right on over there now and take a look!!! I will wait for you.... :)

Of course, for Darnell's challenges you always are asked to use something from your NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) but this time she added that extra theme. Using Bubble Wrap or some such similar material is a completely optional twist, but I took the challenge and stayed up almost all night the other night making a huge pile of backgrounds on glossy photo paper!!! Yes, I know....CRAZY! None of mine look as fabulous as Darnell's, but I loved the process and the colorful results!!!



I used NBUS Distress Ink reinkers instead of the alcohol inks that Darnell used. My images and sentiment are from My Favorite Things - Cat-itude stamp set and cut with My Favorite Die-namics - Cat-itude die set. I stamped them onto scraps of white cardstock with Versafine ink in Onyx Black and colored them with Distress Ink markers scribbled onto an acrylic block and applied with my waterbrush. I think the simple whimsical drawings are perfect for the Hug a Heart card drive. The bright pink paper is from my scrap bag and die cut with the solid heart die from my Serendipity - Heart Scroll stamp and die set. I used a white gel pen to add the stitching detail.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my attempt at the Bubble Wrap background technique and I hope you will join me over at
NBUS Challenge #10 and in supporting the Hug A Heart Card Drive!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. NBUS Challenge #10
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Pets Corner
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
4. SUYP - Cats Only Challenge #14 - Furrything Goes
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #197 - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Your card is sooooo cute, Janis! This is a great cause that I've been making cards for too! So happy to see you supporting the card drive! We have a blog hop tomorrow so I hope you'll hop along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Love all of the colors and fun design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bubble wrap background is so cool! I love the whimsy to it and it matches that kitty so well. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your bubble wrap background looks fantastic Janis - worth staying up for I'd say and that little cat is absolutely adorable. A super fun card. I Love it! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super sweet card!
    love this kitty!

    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! And the background looks wonderful. It will be much appreciated. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty - you nailed the bubble wrap technique - it looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is a really great background you made. Super pretty card and such a cute kitty :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, your card is kinda awesome, Janis! The whimsy of the stamps does go perfectly with your super cool and colorful background. Is that a fish? Well, why not in the Land of Whimsy?! I love it! Thank you very much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 and giving that bubble wrap an all-nighter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis