Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Smile More, Worry Less




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a simple card to share. I've been doing some fancy backgrounds and frilly cards lately, but this is a very basic one. Cards don't ALWAYS have to leave people going WOW!! Sometimes, it is nice to be able to put a card together quickly....especially if I can use some long-neglected stash!! I have a lot of that....and I bet you do, too!

This card was inspired by the current Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Monday Challenge. Here's the inspiration photo she gave us this week. I was inspired by the geometric look of the colorful sails and also by the thought of a relaxing and carefree sunny day of sailing. I haven't ever done this, but it does seem like a lovely idea! lol.... :)

I was delighted to find everything I needed for this multi-colored card in a prize pack from Simple Stories I won quite a while ago. I used the Simple Stories - Sn@p - Fresh Double-Sided Cards & Bits/Pieces Pack and added patterned paper from my stash and thrift store twine.



Do you like it? It's quite different from my usual style. Even though it is simple, I really like the bright flashes of all the different colors. I never quite know what to do with ampersands, but I used this humongous wood-grain one to connect the two sentiment phrases. I am surprised how much I really love it.

That's all for this card. Thank you for stopping in. Maybe you have been inspired to pull out some neglected stash, too, and try using it in ways that differ from your usual style.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges: 
1. Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Monday - Week 168
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Chill Out (I chose the relaxing sentiment - Worry less, Smile more!)
3. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
5. DL.Art January Linky Challenge
6. The Paper GirlsChallenge #120 - Patterned Paper

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the sentiment!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Janis and you are right. We make many different cards for many different occasions. They can't all be elegant or there would be no point. Sometimes they are just nice cards for everyday occasions. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card...love those beautiful and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes and yes to everything you said in this post! I do indeed have plenty of stash overflow, so I loved seeing such a lovely creation come from scraps. I liked how you used the iconic "&" symbol and how you paired the different paper so perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing this project and am so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colorful card with that sentiment! Just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis