|This HAD been a clean tub!!! I believe Caspian was the culprit....|
Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments of sympathy at the loss of our sweet Shy-Cat. You might wonder how to say her name, Chaienne. It's pronounced "Shy-enn" and that's why we shortened it to "Shy". She wasn't shy by nature......more like sly. So sometimes we called her "Sly Shy".
This last year, we discovered that she preferred to drink from the leftover drips of shower water pooled by the drain in the tub, rather than from her full dish of fresh water. Since we were having trouble keeping her hydrated, we began keeping a cat water bowl in the tub.
Well, she's gone now and we would take it out, but now the other cats are habituated to drinking from there. A couple of them even get on the verge of urinary tract infections if they can't get to that bathtub water bowl when they come inside the house!! All the while, it is totally wet and sloppy outside with scores of clean puddles of half-melted snow and ice everywhere. But, noooooooo.....they have to come inside and make muddy pawprints in the clean tub while they get a drink of water. Honestly....CATS!! <3 <3 <3
I was missing my Shy-Baby and decided to make a kitty card with a fabulous new-to-me cat stamp. I had found it at a thrift store a few months back. I loved it, but decided I couldn't justify spending the few dollars that they were asking for it (for yet another cat stamp).....but perhaps my son would like to give it to me for Christmas!!! :)
So....I went ahead and purchased it and handed it to him. I told him he should hang onto it and put it in my Christmas stocking because I would never remember it by then. I was right. I had forgotten it completely and was delighted all over again. Hahaha!! (Ain't getting old great?!!!)
There are a number of challenges out there right now with a "Something New" theme so I am using this unlabeled stamp and also a sentiment strip from my new Kaisercraft - Pawfect paper set. Fun!!!
|Isn't that a fabulous cat image???? I adore all the detail on it.|
Supplies used include:
Thrift store cat stamp
Versafine Ink in Vintage Sepia
Clear embossing powder
Scrap of Core'dinations Kraft cardstock
Kaisercraft - Pawfect paper set
Scraps of DCWV paper from my stash
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed seeing my card. I appreciate your kind comments so much!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. SUYP Cats Only Challenge #25 - Furrything Goes or Meowy Christmas
2. Penny Black at All Sorts - Something New (must stamp focal)
3. All Sorts Week #449 - Something New
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Something New
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New
6. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January
7. Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks #315-316 - Use Snippets
8. Love to Scrap LTSCB #105 - Anything Goes
9. Artistic Stamper Challenge #1 - Anything Goes (must stamp)
10. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes + a stamp
11. Craft Stamper January TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
12. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - Anything Goes