Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Coffee Lovers Hop - Let it Snow!




Hi, Friends......

Here I am with another card for the 2018 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Hop.



Quite some time ago (I just checked...it was FOUR years ago!!) my crafty pal and coffee enthusiast, D.Ann at D.Ann's Crafting Whims, sent me a coffee prize that included some super-fun "Cafe Presse" napkins. I always wanted to decoupage one onto cardstock to use as a card background and I finally did it....4 years later!!! (I am so ashamed!)
 

I am following the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #414 today.  The simple design is perfect for my card.






I didn't want to put too much over the fun coffee press background image, so I tucked doilies around the edge and placed a simple heat-embossed sentiment strip with lace across the panel.  A few snowflakes add to the wintery feel.  I love the crinkly texture of the delicate napkin paper decoupaged onto the card!!



Supplies used include:
Cafe Press napkin panel
Mod Podge - Matte Finish
Core'dinations cardstock
Unity - "Let it Snow" from One of a Kind Winter
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
Clear embossing powder
Doodlebug - Mini Doilies
Snowflake sequins from stash
Lace ribbon from stash

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed seeing my card. It's not a very Christmasy winter image, but this will be made into a Christmas card with the inside sentiments. It's cold and clear today here in Idaho...so winter is on my mind. We don't have very much snow left at the moment, but it is sure crunchy outside!! Stay warm, everyone!!


Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. 2018 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Hop
2. MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #414
3. Crafty Hazelnut's December Patterned Paper Challenge
4. Creative Fingers Challenge #154 - Anything Goes
5. TCP Tuesday #352 - Winter Holiday
6. DL.ART December Linky Challenge
7. Simon Says Stamp Work-it Wednesday November Challenge - Ho Ho Holiday
8. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - 'B' is for....Blue
9. Visions of Sugarplums Challenge #1 - Christmas/Winter
10. Double Trouble Challenge#16 - Winter/Holiday - I did all three things!! Thing One: Embossing (my sentiment is heat embossed) Thing Two: Entering at Three Amigos, Thing Three: Included snow on my card. YAY!!!
11. Three Amigos Challenge #21 - Christmas/Winter/Holiday
12. Crop Stop December Link Party #46 - Anything Goes w/ product from brand CS carries (I used Tsukineko Versafine Ink and Core'dinations cardstock, Plaid Mod Podge)
13. Christmas Cards All Year Round December Challenge - AG Christmas
14. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #414 - AG Christmas opt use stickers
15. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #420 - AG
16. Dare2BArtzy December Challenge - Winter

17. ABC Christmas - Y is for Your Favorite Thing (I LOVE Snow!!)
18. Joy Clair Dec/Jan Challenge - Mood Board (Winter Wonderland) or Anything Goes

 

23 comments:

  1. this is so awesome! the napkin is great and I love that you finally got around to using one! I love it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mixed media design. Love the napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, this is wonderful! Yay you for completing it....I think it is awesome and well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea-hee-hee... this is great! I run about that far behind on things on a regular basis! (Didn't know I was supposed to be ashamed about it, tho. LOL!!) I do love the look of it - especially with the doilies! That reminds me... I have a decoupaged napkin card I made up one year and didn't post... wonder where I put it?!! Off to rummage through the 'pile' Who knows what I'll find there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and fun image and doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and Creative Fingers challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo very pretty, Janis! Love the doilies; love the blue & white colors. (I have this napkin set, too, but it's still in its packaging, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool - love how this looks just like an old-timey blueprint! So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely use of a napkin, and the simple blues and embellishments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of that napkin, love the bright and vibrant blue with all those white details! Very sweet and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional: "Use a sticker or two" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that cat photo!
    and your card is gorgeous!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun background and I love the addition of doilies around the edge! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your blueprint coffee card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fab Janis, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love how you used doilies on the corners, and love that background texture using napkins. I have some napkins that I have stored away in my stash to try this technique...you may have encouraged me to pull them out and see what I can do. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble and Three Amigos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a very cool and "cool" look to this one... beautiful with the doilies and texture! So happy you joined us over at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge and we love to see your Christmas cards next year! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis