Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine #4

You aren't getting a separate cat picture and quote for these individual valentine cards.....because I was hoping to make them all one single large post.  However, in order to enter them into the challenges, I needed separate posts.  I am cutting and pasting my valentine intro for each of them.


Hi, Friends.....

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  I am here with another of several cards I made.  Most of these valentines are variations on a theme and that's one reason I tried lumping so many together in one post.  I will have one large photo and other smaller views that you can enlarge by right clicking and selecting View Image.  You can enlarge them further with the magnifier, if desired.

My descriptions will be quite abbreviated....for me.  Ha!  So if you have questions, let me know.  :) 



Valentine #4

I love how elegant this one turned out.  I layered my little hearts on my background first.  I love punching these little hearts out of scraps.  (I have decided that making cards out of scraps somehow *multiplies* your scraps, but die-cutting them uses them up. How does that work????)
I double embossed by using my Darice - Ranunculus folder and then heat embossing with gold afterwards.  LOVE!!!  

I layered on a lattice heart die-cut in gold and a Love die-cut, both by Serendipity.  I put Glossy Accents over the Love to make it stand out a little better.











This is the last of my valentines I will post tonight.  I will get more posted tomorrow (I hope).  So see you later...........

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Verve - February Inspiration Challenge - Vivacious Valentine
2. Tombow Valentine's Day Challenge
3. Dreamweaver Stencils - Frilly and Fabulous
4. My Craft Creations New Challenge - 2/2-14/2 2015 - Anything Goes
5.
Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge February 2015 - Antiqued

7 comments:

  1. Love this card , love all the layering you do including the gold embossing Super great..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lis!! I love working with gold embossing!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Wow, that gold embossing really adds so much to this design...love it! And I had to chuckle over your musings about multiplying scraps.....why is that anyway?? I agree that using scraps to make cards always seems to leave at least as many scraps, if not more. I think that die-cutting decreases the number of scraps instead because the leftovers are too oddly shaped for even a paper hoarder to keep. That is some deep thinking for a Sunday, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Janis!! I love the texture with the filigree heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis! I love the gold accents on this it really makes it pop! :)
    Thank you for sharing on February's Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis