A garden of peaceful papercrafting projects and occasional musings on the meaning of life with cats.
Friday, April 14, 2017
Guest Designer at Crop Stop - Week #2
I am back with the second of my two guest designer posts at the Crop Stop Blog . Thank you to Esther for this opportunity! This time I made a fancy, shabby style French card with some of the wonderful products they carry in their online store. This card is perfect for a mom who loves chocolate, flowers, and pretty pink things on Mother's Day. (Like my own dear mother did! I wonder where I get it......LOL!)
HOW I MADE IT:
1. Cut and distressed edges of pink Core'dinations Pastel cardstock by sanding, roughing up, and inking with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet. Cut and distressed edges of gray polka-dot panel from Glitz - Love You Madly by same process except no sanding.
2. Cut lace panel to fit over grey panel.
3. Stamp JustRite image onto cream paper from my stash. Die cut with Sizzix Fancy Label Die. Ink edges with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet. Stamp over image with texture stamp from same set using Distress Ink in Spun Sugar.
4. Die cut Memory Box Gwyneth Flourish from DCWV Mercury Glass Stack in Metallic Silver.
5. Die cut MFT Eiffel Tower in same cream cardstock and in Gray from Core'dinations Neutrals pad. Glue together slightly offset for dimension.
6. Glue together the panels, the focal image panel, and the Flourish die cuts. Tie the crinkle seam binding ribbon on left edge.
7. Attach centers to the flowers. Glue down the pink flowers.
8. Use Scotch Foam Mounting Tape to attach Eiffel Tower over the top of the pink flowers. Glue ivory flower over edge of Eiffel Tower.
Available from Crop Stop:
Glitz - Love You Madly 6x6 Paper Pad
Core'dinations Pastels Cardstock
Core'dinations Neutrals Cardstock
Memory Box - Gwyneth Flourish Die
Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet
Scotch - Foam Mounting Tape
Companies, but not exact product, carried by Crop Stop:
Distress Ink - Spun Sugar
JustRite - Greetings From Paris stamp set
My Favorite Things - Eiffel Tower die
Prima - Wildflowers
Tsukineko - Versafine ink in Smokey Gray
Sizzix - Fancy Labels die set
Core'dinations Sand-It Tool (CS carries the refills HERE)
DCWV - Mercury Glass Stack
Want2Scrap - Adhesive Pearls
Hope you enjoyed my card. Thank you to Esther at Crop Stop for inviting me to Guest Design. It was an honor! I hope each of you will join in Crop Stop's fun monthly challenge for April!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Memory Box Challenge #23 - Celebrating Mom
2. DL.Art - April Linky Challenge
3. Penny Black at All Sorts April Challenge - Spring
4. Crafty Hazelnut's April Patterned Paper Challenge
5. Word Art Wednesday #278-279 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
6. Craft Stamper TIMI April Challenge - AG
7. Time Out Challenge #81 - Inspiration Photo
(I used pink and metallic silver, along with lots of swirls, which I interpreted as tendrils instead of butterflies.)
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Color Inspiration
(I used the pink from the palette and daisies from the photos)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
this card is gorgeous!ReplyDelete
Lovely card...so beautiful!ReplyDelete
Very, very pretty Janis. Just lovely!ReplyDelete
That is pretty and romantic just like Paris ............LisReplyDelete
A really pretty shabby chic card with a real touch of romance, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenges.ReplyDelete
What a pretty card. Love your vintage style. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.ReplyDelete
Wow!!! I just love this gorgeous card! Those layered die cuts, seam binding ribbon and flowers are exquisite and so shabby chic. The flourish cut from DCWV Mercury stack paper is really beautiful and adds to the whole vintage look. This is a favorite for sure!ReplyDelete
This is stunning, so much detail and love the shabby chic and vintage look. Thanks for joining Time Out and your lovely comments on our blog xReplyDelete
So much going on and so beautifully vintage! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card! Love the vintage look it has! Very pretty!ReplyDelete
Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Beautifully feminine card, Janis! Yep--I'm the Greta who won a prize from SCT--such a fun surprise!ReplyDelete
Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!ReplyDelete
x Daniela (DT)
this is so pretty!! i love the colours and all the embellishments!! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.ReplyDelete
Stunning card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper.ReplyDelete
That is just so gorgeous. Love the colours and all the smashing elements :-) xxxReplyDelete
I like how you embellished this pretty card.ReplyDelete
I love the idea of creating a collage with mom's favorite things and colors. Your project turned out great. Thank you so much for participating our April challenge and for supporting Memory Box.ReplyDelete
Lovely and pretty card.ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More April challenge;-))m
Free Download Tom And Jerry Photos