Friday, April 14, 2017
Guest Designer at Crop Stop - Week #2
I am back with the second of my two guest designer posts at the Crop Stop Blog . Thank you to Esther for this opportunity! This time I made a fancy, shabby style French card with some of the wonderful products they carry in their online store. This card is perfect for a mom who loves chocolate, flowers, and pretty pink things on Mother's Day. (Like my own dear mother did! I wonder where I get it......LOL!)
HOW I MADE IT:
1. Cut and distressed edges of pink Core'dinations Pastel cardstock by sanding, roughing up, and inking with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet. Cut and distressed edges of gray polka-dot panel from Glitz - Love You Madly by same process except no sanding.
2. Cut lace panel to fit over grey panel.
3. Stamp JustRite image onto cream paper from my stash. Die cut with Sizzix Fancy Label Die. Ink edges with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet. Stamp over image with texture stamp from same set using Distress Ink in Spun Sugar.
4. Die cut Memory Box Gwyneth Flourish from DCWV Mercury Glass Stack in Metallic Silver.
5. Die cut MFT Eiffel Tower in same cream cardstock and in Gray from Core'dinations Neutrals pad. Glue together slightly offset for dimension.
6. Glue together the panels, the focal image panel, and the Flourish die cuts. Tie the crinkle seam binding ribbon on left edge.
7. Attach centers to the flowers. Glue down the pink flowers.
8. Use Scotch Foam Mounting Tape to attach Eiffel Tower over the top of the pink flowers. Glue ivory flower over edge of Eiffel Tower.
Available from Crop Stop:
Glitz - Love You Madly 6x6 Paper Pad
Core'dinations Pastels Cardstock
Core'dinations Neutrals Cardstock
Memory Box - Gwyneth Flourish Die
Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet
Scotch - Foam Mounting Tape
Companies, but not exact product, carried by Crop Stop:
Distress Ink - Spun Sugar
JustRite - Greetings From Paris stamp set
My Favorite Things - Eiffel Tower die
Prima - Wildflowers
Tsukineko - Versafine ink in Smokey Gray
Sizzix - Fancy Labels die set
Core'dinations Sand-It Tool (CS carries the refills HERE)
DCWV - Mercury Glass Stack
Want2Scrap - Adhesive Pearls
Hope you enjoyed my card. Thank you to Esther at Crop Stop for inviting me to Guest Design. It was an honor! I hope each of you will join in Crop Stop's fun monthly challenge for April!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Memory Box Challenge #23 - Celebrating Mom
2. DL.Art - April Linky Challenge
3. Penny Black at All Sorts April Challenge - Spring
4. Crafty Hazelnut's April Patterned Paper Challenge
5. Word Art Wednesday #278-279 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
6. Craft Stamper TIMI April Challenge - AG
7. Time Out Challenge #81 - Inspiration Photo
(I used pink and metallic silver, along with lots of swirls, which I interpreted as tendrils instead of butterflies.)
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Color Inspiration
(I used the pink from the palette and daisies from the photos)