|TOO CLOSE TO HOME!!! What is with the snow I woke up to this morning???? Can somebody please hand the weatherman a calendar!!!|
Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? (That's for my fellow Sherlock fans!) Did you even notice I was MIA? lol... Probably not. That's okay. :)
I have really been hit with these spring viruses. Between being sick (twice!) and Easter activities and then being sick again (third time this month!), I feel like I have missed out on most of the little bit of spring weather we have had here. It's not very springy today, though.....snowy and rainy, instead. So I guess spring still isn't quiiiiiiiiiiiiiite here, yet. I'm sure looking forward to warmer weather!! Are you having nice spring weather where you are?
Today, I am sharing a card I started making weeks ago and finally got feeling well enough to finish. I made it for a couple of different challenges on the Winnie & Walter blog:
1. April Color Combo Challenge with Heather H. (Ends May 5) - I am playing Just For Fun this month, since I was the lucky winner last month! (THANK YOU, W&W!) I just couldn't resist the gorgeous color palette that Heather H. chose:
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #18 - The Big, The Bold and Extras - I love W&W Challenges and their Reruns are always so much fun! Their Rerun challenges are where they feature a stamp set from the past. The design team members make cards with this older set and Shay asks you to make a card using it, also. If you don't have the set, you can use a different W&W product to make a card inspired by one from the design team. Fun!!! (Ends April 30)
And....Shay even has a giveaway!!!
Comment on the Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge and Giveaway post to have a chance to win this stamp set!! Wow!! Thank you, Shay!!!
Here's my card that was inspired by the bold frame in Vanessa's Rerun card found on this post.
I don't have the rerun set featured this month, so I used my Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals stamp set to make a colorful background on watercolor paper with Distress Inks (Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans, Lucky Clover, Bundled Sage, Cracked Pistachio, Scattered Straw, and Abandoned Coral) then I misted over the stamped images to let the colors bleed. After it was dry, I sponged additional color onto the background with some of the same inks.
Other supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set for the scalloped panel and the XO borders.
Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts stamp set for setiment
Vellum and white embossing powder from my stash
Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Mix sequins
Hope you enjoyed my card! I am trying to feel better so I can get some more crafting done. I have a little stack of half-done Easter cards on my craft desk that I ran out of energy to finish!!! I hope to get them done and stow away in my Easter supply box for next year. Please tell me I am NOT the only one who does this!! :)
Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a great day!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter April Color Combo Challenge with Heather H.
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #18 - The Big, The Bold and Extras
3. Penny Black at All Sorts April Challenge - Spring
4. DL.Art - April Linky Challenge
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge - April Showers Bring May Flowers
7. MarkerPOP Challenge #119 - Watercolor Florals