Yes....I saw the Total Eclipse!!! Yay!!!
Hubby and I traveled a little ways farther south in Idaho to the path of totality and attended an Eclipse event sponsored by our alma mater. We met up with several friends from back in our science-nerd college days and enjoyed some great presentations by a fellow alum who is an astronomer with the Smithsonian.
There were a number of telescopes set up the night before the eclipse for stargazing and also during the eclipse so we could see it projected on a screen....as well as view it with our funky eclipse glasses! :) It was sooooooooooooo AWESOME to see that beautiful corona during totality!!! So thankful we had clear skies...esp since today is smoky, smoky, smoky again. Did any of the rest of you in the USA get to view it?????
I made a couple of cards before I left but didn't have a chance to blog them...so I am playing catch up today. I made this card for a couple of challenges in particular:
1. Winnie & Walter always has several fabulous challenges going on and I am participating in the August Color Combo Challenge. Look at the wonderful color palette Heather chose this month:
The colors in my photo below don't look quite right, but they are much closer to the palette IRL than in my photo! At any rate, my card was most certainly inspired by this color combo!! :)
2. I also am participating in Julee's August Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge this month. Here's her sketch for us to interpret. I flipped it mirror-image for my card.
As usual, I had to pull out some Graphic 45 to use for at least one of my entries into these challenges. :)
Supplies used include:Thank you for stopping by. I hope those of you in the USA were able to view some of the eclipse where you live. I would love for you to tell me about it in the comments!!! I'll be back later with another card to share.
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (has scallops) Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Graphic 45 - Children's Hour collection, Cityscapes collection, Artistic Style collection
Nuvo Drops for flower center
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain for edges
Ribbon from my stash
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge
2. Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge - August
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
4. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Die Cut Divas August Challenge - Anything Goes (use a die cut or embossing folder)
6. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #210 - Circles & Stripes
7. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #296-297 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
8. Cardz-TV Anything Goes #9
9. Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes