I am glad to be back in crafting mode after my big Cat Lovers Hop! Did you take part? We had a wonderful time....and already have next year's Hop in the works. If you want to help in the planning process, I welcome your input. PLEASE CHECK THE WINNER'S POST TO SEE IF YOU HAVE AN UNCLAIMED PRIZE AWAITING YOU!! <3
Today, I am sharing a card I made for the Winnie & Walter - October Color Combo Challenge. There are still few days left, so I hope you will join us!!
I went a little bit shabby on this card with a doily, vellum and frilly ribbon. The butterflies and glittery cardstock add a romantic touch that makes this card suitable for any occasion, including a bridal shower or wedding.
I double layered the diecuts for a shadow effect, reversing it on the butterflies. The tiny butterfly die cuts are one of my favorite things to make from the odd bits leftover on diecut negatives.
I sponged the edges of the patterned paper with Distress Ink to pull in another color from the Challenge palette.
Supplies used include:Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed seeing my card.
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Joy Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (butterflies and scalloped vellum rectangle)
DCWV glittered cardstock scraps
Distress Ink - Wild Honey
Doily from stash
Vellum from stash
Shimmery Crinkle ribbon from DL.ART
Sequins - a bonus gift in a Winnie & Walter order! <3
Silver Adhesive Rhinestones from my stash (for butterfly bodies)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - October Color Combo Challenge
2. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #215 - Ribbon and Sparkle
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks #305-306
4. Card Mania Challenge #98 - Anything Goes
5. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper November Challenge - Use patterned paper
6. DL.ART November Linky Challenge
7. The Ribbon Girls November Challenge - Card + Ribbon
8. Cardz-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #19
9. Cardz-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #20
10. Jo's Scrap Shack Funday Friday Challenge #213 - Anything Goes
11. Aud Sentiments Challenge #192 - Bingo + Sentiment (I chose the flowers (sequin flower), patterned paper, and pink)