Our family has been going through some challenges lately, but through it all we have been on the receiving end of some very thoughtful gestures from friends which have encouraged us greatly.
I wanted to make a sunny thank you to send to one friend in particular. I have been attracted to yellow lately....kind of odd because it is not my usual color and certainly not my favorite. I must be ready for spring!!! :) When I saw that Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge this fortnight had yellow and blue in it.....I knew I wanted to try do all 7 of the elements for this card.
Here is her Butterfly Wheel showing the 7 elements (which includes the requisite butterfly/ies as one of the seven):
The Letter Y is the unifying theme. Now tell me....have YEW ever heard of the color YEW???? I had not. I had heard of Yew trees.....although I couldn't remember what they looked like! (Don't tell my old Plant Taxonomy professor!) But a quick look at Wiki told me it was a brown/tan color which I interpreted as kraft for my card.
I have never attempted all 7 parts of the Butterfly Challenge before because I can't figure out how to make them look cohesive. I perused my butterfly box, though, and found the perfect patterned paper....from K&Co. It had all three colors in it. I was good to go from there. I used yarn and a sentiment from a new stamp set containing the word "you". Patterned paper is my "your choice" for this card. VICTORY!!!! ALL SEVEN ELEMENTS for the FIRST TIME!!!! YAY!!!! (Maybe YAY should be my Your Choice item! lol...) Can you tell that I am excited? :)
Supplies used include:
Stampendous - Laurel Burch Fish Wishes stamp set
Versafine ink in Sepia Brown
K&Co. patterned paper
Studio Katia - Clear Round Drops Mix
Yarn from stash
Hope you like my sunny card. I am soooooooooo ready for spring so I can get out and play in my garden....which is currently covered in snow. I look at it longingly when I am out taking care of my chickens. What are you looking forward to this spring? Thank you for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Challenge - Y is for..... I DID ALL SEVEN THINGS!! YAY!!!
2. Joy Clair December/January Challenge - AG
3. Allsorts #504 - Friends
4. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday January Challenge - Sparkle and Shine (I added clear dew drops for shine.)
5. Word Art Wednesday - Weeks #370-371 - AG
6. Dare2BArtzy January Challenge - Favorite Season
(I am soooooooooooo ready for SPRING!!!)
7. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - January Challenge
8. Simon Says Says Work-It Wednesday - Something New (I used a new stamp set.)
9. Double Trouble Challenge #20 Love, Peace, and Kindness is in the Air (I did all three things: #1 My sentiment is about kindness and I have a butterfly in the air. #3 I added clear dew drops for shine, #2 I linked up to The Paper Girls challenge.)
10. The Paper Girls Challenge #168 - Sparkle and Shine (I added clear dew drops for shine.)
11. TCP Tuesday Challenge #353 - Love
12. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart (I have heart in my sentiment.)
13. Time Out Challenge #127 - Inspired by Words (I chose the support of friends in this quote which makes my heart happy!)