I am here with a fun masculine birthday card for my adult son.....who loathes talking on the phone!! lol..
A little back story on this card. His birthday isn't until May....but this is LAST year's BD card!!! EEEK! Yep, that's right...... I never made him a card last May. I am such a Bad Mom!!! Who would even think that a grown son would admire his mom's cards so much that he would actually MISS getting one??? And then bring it up months later that he was disappointed that he never got one in May.....but even a late one would be fine!!
That young man is enough to make this mom's heart just burst with love!!! This is the son (I only have one) that also finds fab rubber stamps for me at thrift stores and surprises me with them. What a treasure he is!!! ❤❤❤
Well, I love me a little Graphic 45 and the vintage images in this Communique collection are just right for masculine cards. How perfect to find this little quote about telephones on one of the sheets!!! I heat embossed a telephone image from Unity onto a scrap of decades-old manila file folder that I couldn't bear to throw away!! Ha.
Here's the inside. I used the oft-neglected letter stickers from the collection for the sentiment. Yay!! I need to use these more often!!
Supplies used include:
Graphic 45 Communique collection
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Telephone, vintage image from Call Me....I'll Laugh at You
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Clear embossing powder
Distress Ink in Black Soot for edges of panels
Scrap of a very old manilla file folder
Core'dinations black cardstock
My son is experiencing some health issues right now and I hope this card will cheer him up. Your prayers are appreciated!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you like my card. I think my son will love it. I hope it inspires you to stop hoarding your Graphic 45 and USE it....so you can buy more!! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Allsorts Week #503 - Make it Masculine
2. The House that Stamps Built J2319 - Anything Goes
3. Joy Clair December/January Challenge - AG
4. Crop Stop Link Party #47 (I used a Neutral Color Scheme + Ranger Distress Inks and Core'dinations cardstock)
5. Word Art Wednesday - Weeks #370-371 - AG
6. Graphic 45 January Challenge #G45Stamp - Graphic 45 plus Stamping
7. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - January Challenge
8. Crafter's Castle Challenge #13 - AG
9. Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge - Old or New?
(I went with old....last year's BD and vintage style! Please don't tell me it is already 2019!!! lol...)
10. Double D Challenges - Looking Back in Time