I am here with a simple stenciled butterfly card for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge. This time the prompts are Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or G is for Grape. Sweet! I managed to do both with my purple sponged background and my butterflies that are heat embossed with a glittery white powder.
I started with a fuschia colored card base, although you can't tell because of my sponging. :) I used the lovely butterfly stencil from my Artistcellar - Tam's Whimsy Series 4-stencil set. I held it firmly in place and smooshed Versamark ink through the design. I also stamped the little "nature" sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Nature's Brushstrokes stamp set with Versamark. Then I heat embossed with this super-glittery white powder. The sparkle didn't photograph well, but you can see it a tiny bit better in this next photo.
After heat embossing, I sponged with Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves. I like the natural unevenness of the background.
Do you like this simple card? I like it a lot. It was fun and fast to make. I really need to use my stencils more often!!! Which of your supplies do you need to get out and play with this coming week?
Thank you for stopping by!! Hope your weekend is a great one.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #49 - Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or Grape
2. WOW! Embossing March Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
3. MAWTT Challenge #15 - Purple Haze
4. Fun Cuts - N is for Nature
5. My Time to Craft Challenge #316 - One Layer Only
6. Lil Red Wagon Challenge #331 - Layer of One
7. Mod Squad - Feature a Creature
8. The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Springtime (must stamp)
9. Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes