|Core from some leaf lettuce left overnight to dry.|
Call it spring fever or whatever you will, but Janis went a little bit crazy today stamping with a lettuce scrap!!! Yep, you read it right..... LETTUCE! :)
I was inspired by this post over at Design Memory Craft by Laura Bray that used Gelatos and Bok Choy. When I saw the lovely pattern of this lettuce core.....I couldn't just toss it to my chickens!!! I grabbed one of my pale pink watercolor marker refill backgrounds and smooshed some Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral onto my craft sheet and stamped with my lettuce core. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Aren't those rose images just wonderful???? (Something tells me that the One who made roses...also is the One who made lettuce!)
I decided to go shabby with this card, so I found some pink and gray scraps in my bag and roughed up the edges a bit for my layers.
My sentiment is Thinking of You from Serendipity Stamps. I adore this gorgeous font!!! I inked it in Versafine - Smokey Gray and heat embossed it with clear powder. Serendipity is having a Circles/Dots Challenge right now where I will be linking up this card. Hope you pull out your Serendipity products and join in, too!!
Other supplies used on this card include: thrift store pearl/lace trim, crinkly ribbon, and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh- Sweetheart Mix.
Hope you enjoyed my card today. I had so much fun playing around with that piece of lettuce!!! lol... Maybe you will start eyeing your veggie scraps from a different perspective now, too! Ha.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:1. Serendipity Stamps Challenge #53 - Circles/Dots
2. Twofers Challenge #15 - Organic (must stamp)
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #220 - Use Snippets
4. Let's Play! at A Colorful Journey
5. Design Memory Craft March Challenge - Handmade Flowers (I hope my hand-cut lettuce scrap that I used as a stamp counts as a handmade flower, since I got the idea off the DMC blog!)
6. WOW! Embossing March Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
7. One Crazy Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes
8. Crop Stop Linky Party #14 - Anything Goes, Use a product that CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
9. Little Claire's Challenge #67 - Anything Goes
10. Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party
11. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Photo Inspiration (I took my inspiration from the pink roses!)