Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Easter Basket



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a little Easter basket I made for the Mark's Finest Papers Hearts and Bunnies Tutorial Challenge.  I don't often make 3D paper projects (altered jars are about as 3D as I usually get!), but this one looked fun and within my skill set so I took the plunge!  lol...  Vickie on the MFP DT made a lovely tutorial for this project. Oh, let me tell you......I got so totally enchanted with these charming little baskets that I am organizing a girly crafty afternoon at church to make a bunch of these for table decorations for our Easter Breakfast Potluck!! We will fill them with flowers and have a couple of them on each table. Cute!!! Thank you, Vickie!!


These very pale Easter colors were difficult to photograph.....sorry.

For my basket, I selected some DCWV scraps and followed the tutorial, using my Mark's Finest Papers - Lily of the Valley stamp set. I stamped it with the floral image and label from that set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder. I selected only very simple embellishments for this one.....the Happy Easter from my Mark's Finest Papers - Hoppy Easter stamp set, which I heat embossed with aqua powder, and a shimmery bow.  

I love how my basket turned out.  This easy craft will be super-fun for the ladies and the young girls to do together at church.  We'll make sure the girls make extra so they can take a few home, too.  :)

Thank you for stopping by.  Your visits and lovely comments mean so much to me!!  Have a wonderful week!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this project in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Hearts and Bunnies Tutorial Challenge - Baskets
2. WOW! Embossing March Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
3. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday February Challenge - Use Florals
4. Little Scrap Pieces Show-It-Off-Saturday Linky Party
5. The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Springtime (must stamp)
6. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #221 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
7. Southern Ridge Trading Co. March Challenge - Easter
8. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Take a Leap (making a 3D paper project is new and kind of scary for me!)
9. One Crazy Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty Janis. I'm sure the girls and ladies will really enjoy making these. What a good idea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Janis! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty and charming! Such pretty colors chosen, too. Very nice work, Janis!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your basket, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really love the simple stamping with white embossing powder and patterned paper. What a great little craft idea and table decoration. It can be as simple or as fancy as you like...and filled with flowers or candy! These are going to be a real hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janis! I apologize for not commenting sooner! Your basket turned out so cute! I'm glad you tried and like the tutorial! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another great entry. Thanks for joining us over on the WOW embossing challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool, nice colors and someone will love this. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
    Leanne DT/OCS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute basket ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful basket! We are so blessed with your participation in our previous Challenge and would love to have you back for our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share with you the inspiration of God's Word from Habakkuk 2:3-4 and it says, " For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. “See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness---." Have an awesome week!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so creative, love this idea!! Happy Easter :) Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter! Great basket, looks so cute!
    Thank you from Wow! Embossing powder blog!
    xx Victoria

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis