Friday, March 4, 2016

Lucky You!

My apologies to any of you who happened to see the meme I had up here initially.  How embarrassing!  Blame it on old grandma eyes not seeing what was in the photo or on "to the pure, all things are pure" or whatever.  Anyway, this one is better.  :)

Hi, Friends.....

I am back after a little rest from crafting after my big push last month with all the wonderful challenges. Today I am sharing a fun little card I made using tons of scraps and a sweet lucky kitty image and sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Lucky You stamp set.



My background is simply scraps (mostly DCWV) that I glued onto some plain white cardstock and then overlaid with narrow strips, also from my scrap bag. (I always have so many of these very narrow strips leftover that I wanted to see if I could make a decent background out of them. I like how it turned out!)  After the glue was completely dried (very important step...I wait overnight, usually!) I dry embossed it. This time, I inked my Darice - Crackle folder on the deboss side with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to get the ink into the "cracks".

I stamped my kitty and sentiment with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia on subtly patterned beige cardstock and heat embossed with clear powder. I fussy cut the kitty and put him on some mulberry paper. The sentiment was die cut with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set and attached to some deep cinnamon brown mulberry paper. Inside I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the same set and finished everything off with a bit of dollar store twine. I think it turned out really cute.

That's all for now.  I hope your week has been a good one and you are getting ready for a fabulous weekend!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #9 - Brown
2. SUYP Cats Only Challenge #4 - Lucky Kitty
3. Pixie's Snippets Workshop Week 218 - Use Snippets
4. Shopping Our Stash #241 - White Out (no white paper)
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Touchy Feely (Add texture)
6. Little Scrap Pieces - Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
7. Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes

8. A Colorful Journey - Let's Play (I played with my scraps in a new way.)

12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. The background is perfect with the oriental cat. I know someone who will love this card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card!! That little welcome cat is one of my favorite icons from Asian culture (my mom had one of those in her shop when she had a business), and the background is just wonderful. It looks both like a batik print and a crackle finish on a vase. I didn't even know that Darice had a Crackle finish embossing folder or I would have bought it immediately. The wispy bit of mulberry paper gives great contrast to the embossed background, as does the rustic twine. Every little detail adds something to the over all design and makes this just perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know, of course, that your comments about the original cat meme (which I missed) have me more curious than a cat about what you replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis TFS this lovely card at MFP Stamp Shop it is a very good combination of shades of brown LIS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background; adorable card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your background Janice, very creative and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and a super background you created there! Love the embossing folder you used - sits on hands here!!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card....gorgeous background and I love your sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab job! I love those waving kitties! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our "White Out" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is soooooo cool, i LOVE neko cats & you've used this one so perfectly; plus it's a great take on the "white out" idea! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun card filled with tons of texture!! thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling little kitty - so cute. I really like how you made the background. That is such a brilliant idea. I always put the darn ink on the wrong side of the embossing folder... I don't think I've ever got it right yet !!! Hahahaha :-D
    Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis