Saturday, February 27, 2016

Altered Treat Jar with Hearts




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a fun altered treat jar I decorated with tissue paper hearts for the Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash - Anything but a Card Challenge. I like to save my empty glass jars and bottles to decorate as treat jars for gifts. For this one, I started with some salvaged dark pink tissue gift wrap. I stamped it with my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set in gold and silver pigment ink.



Next I folded it into several layers and die cut it with the solid heart die from my Serendipity - Heart Scroll stamp and die set.


I had previously gessoed up the lid, so it was time to put a heart on it. I used a matte decoupage medium.



I had already glued a "paint clean up" paper towel onto the jar, so it was ready for hearts, too. I outlined them with Elmer's Painters Markers in silver.

After the hearts and all the decoupage medium were dry, I spread some Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel here and there for some sparkle in between the hearts. After the glitter gel was completely dry, I rubbed on some Gelatos in Metallic Grape and Bubble Gum. I blended it with my fingers and misted with water to let it blend and run together. I put some on the lid, too, for some pretty color. I also sprayed it here and there with my Hero Arts Neon Ink Spray in pink.



I got tired of waiting for the neon ink spray to dry where it had pooled, so I got out my Perfect Pearls and dusted on some of the powder in Interference Red to absorb the rest of the tackiness and to give some extra shimmer.









Here's the front of the jar:



I finished up the jar with a shimmery ribbon and a tag I cut from a free printable from the Winnie & Walter shop. It's from their Daily Grind Collection Vol. 1 - Holiday Mint. I used my Paper Smooches - Gift Tags Dies to cut the tag.

That's all for now. Tomorrow (Saturday) is my birthday and we are going to be gone so I want to get this posted tonight. :) Don't forget to be watching for my Belated 2nd Blogoversary/Birthday Giveaway in early March! Yay! Have a wonderful weekend.

<3
Janis

9 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Janis. What a good idea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Janis I love the altered Jar, Im going to borrow your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful that would be on a window ledge with the sun behind Good job Janis Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Gorgeous project. Love all the glitter. I love it. Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a transformation!
    Good to have you with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one blows me away! What a transformation! The colors and silver are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, it's a good thing I'm not drinking hot coffee or tea as I read this post because that cat poster up top would have me choking with laughter! As it is, I'm laughing my patooties off, but (thank goodness) not choking at the same time.The thought of having to keep an e-collar on a cat gives me hives...it just won't work for very long! But on to the altered jar... What a great upcycling project in every way. The jar and the tissue paper combined to make magic! I thought the tissue paper was printed, until I saw that you stamped it with metallic ink. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday, Janis! It is so good hearing from you, and visiting your blog. Fabulous upcycling with this jar and the hearts! Love the idea, and it makes me want to make some, too! I hope you are doing well, and that life is being good to you! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis