Monday, February 22, 2016

Springtime Z-Fold Card




Hi, Friends......

I am here to share a pretty springtime card with a Z-Fold Design. I used the fabulous tutorial with this week's MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge where we are asked to make a card of this kind. It's the first one I have ever made. It was fun and easy!

I used the bunny from my Mark's Finest Papers - Hoppy Easter stamp set and the crocus from my Inspired by Stamping - Garden Seed Packets stamp set to make a sweet early spring scene for my card. I colored my little scene with my aquabrush, Gelatos, and Crayola Watercolor Pencils. The scariest part of the whole card was hand-drawing in those little tufts of grass!! Eeek! (I probably have them too evenly distributed, don't I? Oh, well...) I cut the squares for the image panels with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set.

I used patterned paper from my DCWV Fresh Floral Stack and I finished things off with two sizes of Petaloo daisies with rhinestone centers and a bit of sparkle gel pen over the crocus petals. Fun.

Thank you for stopping in today. Have a lovely week!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mod Squad Challenge Blog - The Great Outdoors
2. MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #8 - Z-Fold Cards
3. Craftin Desert Divas - Nature's Wonders
4. Twofers Challenge #14 - Anything Goes with a Stamp no Digis
5. Crop Stop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes (Used MFT Die-Namics Dies)
6. Docerela Challenge #96 - Pastel Colors
7. Penny Black at All Sorts February Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamp and Die
8. Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party

9. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #120 - Die Cuts

21 comments:

  1. I like the shape of your card Janis and what a dear little rabbit image. The paper you used is very pretty too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little image, Janis. Love the fold of this lovely card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Zcard!! My favorite color and the flowers with the cute scene you created are perfect :) Thanks for sharing at MFP Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty and I love that card shape. Great card Janis :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, fun card, that rabbit looks as if he's about to sniff (or, knowing rabbits, EAT) the crocus. Thanks for joining us at Twofers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card Janis and such a cute bunny, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your folded card and the grass looks fine to me, in fact didn't realise you had drawn it. Altogether a lovely spring card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janis you did a nice job on your zfold card - fun fun! I like creating them very much - thanks for joinging MFPSS challenge and best wishes on winning a stamp set - Gail Senior Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and fun fold. I have made one of these a long time ago will have to do it again soon!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well made your z fold looks great and is a pretty spring card full of promise to come. Thanks for joining us again at Twofers. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Card! I like very much the shape of you card.
    Thank you for joinig us at Docerela.
    Tânia (Docerela dt member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I LOVE this card Janis!! What a great job with that fancy fold, and your springtime scene couldn't be cuter. The hand drawn tufts of grass are just the perfect addition, and love how you tied in the purple crocus with your background paper. Those stacked stitched squares are just the thing to frame this sweet bunny too. Wonderful springtime card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janis this is lovely the bunny is perfect for the Z TFS MFP Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous fold and I like your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janis,
    Love your purple bunny card! Perfect Z Fold for our MFPS challenge.
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this bunny and this fabulous fold! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card; thank you for sharing us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! I love everything about this! Just so adorable and pretty! Thanks so much for joining our Nature's Wonders Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas!
    DT Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE it! Great card!
    Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis