Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Inlaid Die Cut Card - First Attempt

My little granddaughter's cat loves to chase bubbles, too.  So cute.


Hi, Friends......

I am here with a whimsical little card where I tried the inlaid die cut technique for the first time.  I'm not sure I did it the "right" way, but it worked...so I guess that's what counts!


For my first attempt, I probably should have tried something a little blockier and not so many tiny things......but did I think of that???  Noooooooo......  Ha.  I lost that microscopic little piece of blue below the last pink heart flower on the right.  I searched and searched around for it.  Oh, but I wasn't about to give up!  Finally, 15 minutes later, I found it.  lol...

I did find that putting pieces of scotch tape under the main blue oval helped keep the little bits in their places.  Then I just glued the entire thing on my background.  Not sure that's how the "real crafters" do it, but that's what I did.  :)

Supplies used include:
Sun from My Favorite Things Die-namics - Sunny Skies (THANKS, MFT!!)
Pink heart flowers from Poppystamps - Love Cottage Roof and Decor die set (THANKS, Poppystamps!)
Oval from My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Sentiment from Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set
Bubbles in background from Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set
Wink of Stella Pen for my sentiment strip and the bubbles
Versamark ink
Embossing powders in sparkly blue and clear sparkle.
Scraps from my stash...mostly DCWV.


That's all for now.  Hope you enjoyed this fun little card.  Have a great week!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job Janis. Its really pretty. Don't you hate it when you loose such a tiny piece that you NEED? Sometimes NOT easy to find but SO necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't believe you found that teeny tiny blue piece! I've lost pieces ten times as big as that and they never surfaced at all. Haha, I think that inlaid die technique is NOT going to become part of our everyday crafty repertoire is it? I should have placed scotch tape behind mine when I fiddle with my card because trying to nestle and glue each little bit nearly drove me insane. Still, with all the hassle, you put together an adorable little springtime garden scene that makes my heart sing! The patterned paper you used looks just like a springtime breeze on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis! Well you sure are one to go for the gold ... those are some tiny die pieces for your first inlaid die project! Way to go on getting them all back in. Such a cute scene you created, with the sun going off the edge. So glad you could join the celebration at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, super sweet card!! Glad you found your microscopic piece...those can be a challenge in itself! ;) Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First there is no wrong in art This is a very nice job .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet card.. thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, for a first try you did a fantastic job and you used such an intricate die!! Its looks brilliant and love the background pattern too. So very glad you joined us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on your first attempt! Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Waffle Flower February Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis