Friday, February 19, 2016

Easter Card with Gingham and Flowers


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a sweet pastel Easter card to help get us in the mood for spring.  Easter is early this year on March 27th! (That means we will probably have snow on Easter morning here in Idaho, but I don't mind.  Easter sunrise services are very beautiful with snow either falling or on the ground!) It will be here before we know it!



I used one of my favorite techniques on this card: layered embossing. I glued these pretty floral and gingham scraps onto cardstock and then dry embossed with my Darice - Floral and Butterfly Background folder.

NOTE:  I am very pleased to mention that Crop Stop carries a ton of gorgeous Darice embossing folders...in addition to many other brands.  You will want to check them out.  I noticed several patterns that are hard to find!  I am using the CS link for the folder I used for today's project in my Product Links page. 


I kept this card very simple by using only a small sentiment (from a discontinued Clear Stamps set) stamped with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and then adding some sparkly jeweled flowers.  I like the pretty uncluttered look.

Thank you for your kind words about my projects.  Your visits and meaningful comments make my day.  I hope you are getting ready to have a great weekend!!

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. DRS Designs Challenge #214 - Inspired by Color  Use some or all of the colors.

2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #220 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #216 - Use Snippets
4. Crop Stop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes (used a Darice embossing folder)

5. Great Impressions February Challenge - Let's Celebrate!

10 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty, Janis! I adore the way you layered the flower embllies--they look amazing! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful Easter card. Stay safe if you get more snow!

    Thanks for dropping by the Snippets Playground.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring colors so nice to see right now.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hello kitty egs! so cute!
    and your card is very pretty!
    have a nice day
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and love the pic of the hello kitty eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty! I love the pastel colors and your little cluster of flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossing is great and the colors are soft and sweet. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first reaction to your card design: "Oh! That's SWEET!"
    I like your choices here.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love everything about this darling card. The mix of floral and gingham is such a sweet look and definitely gives a springtime feel. Your embossing over patterned paper is a technique that I need to remember because it always looks wonderful and is especially effective with this simple card design. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those little Hello Kitty eggs....eek!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis