Monday, February 22, 2016

Asian Look Layered Embossed Anniversary Card




Hi, Friends......

I am here with a pretty anniversary card I made from a background I'd had around for awhile. The background was made with DCWV scraps glued onto the cardstock and dry embossed with my Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern folder. I thought it had kind of a peaceful Asian garden look to it, so I stamped over it with a Chinese character text stamp from my Mark's Finest Papers - Works of Art stamp set with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint.  The stamp mostly hit just the high points giving more depth to the embossed surface.


I used the same text stamp on the sentiment panel and heat embossed a Happy Anniversary stamp from my stash.  Do you like the pretty pearl and lace trim I added to one of the panels?  I thought it added just the right touch of frill to the card.  Kraft seemed to go well with the calm colors, too, so I matted my sentiment panel with it and put it all on a kraft card base.  I really like how this turned out.  Hope you do, too!!

Thank you for coming to visit.  I hope you have a great week!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Craft Stamper Take It Make It February Challenge - Text Me
2. Craftin Desert Divas - Nature's Wonders
3. Southern Ridge Trading Company February Challenge - Anything Love
4. Amusing Challenge - Paper Scraps
5. Die Cut Divas February Challenge - Love, Marriage, Anniversary
6. Crop Stop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes (used a Darice embossing folder)
7. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #220 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 217 - Use Snippets

12 comments:

  1. That's very pretty - I love how you made that background :-) Gorgeous. !

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Janis. A very clever use of scraps for your background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking anniversary card and I think you're right . .. the pearls and lace add just the right finishing touch.

    Thanks for coming over to the Snippets Playground to play.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Janis! Thanks for joining us at Southern Ridge Trading Company!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I thing the pearl and lace trim makes this perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Janis!! Love those patterned papers and of course the lace and pearls! Thank you for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas "Natures Wonder" Linky Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely card!. Thank you for joining Craftin Desert Divas Linty Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the textures and colors on the card. Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Congrats on making top 3 over at my Amusing Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is simply awesome. Love the patterned papers. So blessed you joined our previous Challenge and hope you join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement only the Word of God can provide in James 1:12 which tells us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." Have a blessed weekend.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis