Wednesday, February 24, 2016

You're So Amazing!


Ha.  Peacocks are pretty amazing.  Some people a few miles away have peafowl.  During certain times of the year when you are driving past on the narrow, steep, winding dirt/gravel road past their house, their crazy peacock will jump into the road and display his tail at you... lol...  He's ready to take on all comers and is not about to let anyone steal away the affections of his peahens!!!  :)  

Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a card I made for the Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Make Your Own Background Challenge. I love making backgrounds, as you might know, and I have dozens of them sitting around in various stages of completion. This one was an experiment with craft foiling that had been in my stash for over a year. I had begun with a premade embossed card base and brayered Tombow Multi Mono Glue over the texture and pressed on some gold Clearsnap - Designer Foils. I loved how it turned out, but was waiting for just the right time to use it. Well, I rediscovered it the other day and couldn't leave well enough alone. Ha.


I tore the embossed cover off of the card base and decided to make it also fit with the W&W Color Challenge (coral, lime, chartreuse, and aqua). So I got out my Dylusions Ink Sprays in Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquoise and went at it. I put it atop some tissue scavenged from some old gift wrap to catch the overspray. This colorful tissue will end up as a mixed media project, eventually. :) Still not being content with it just sprayed, I also misted it with water for a blended look. LOVE!!!


I didn't have any coral mist, so I put some Distress Ink - Abandoned Coral reinker in a mini-mister with some water and splattered it here and there for some accents.
Next, I stamped the sentiment panel with a background of tiny dots in gold ink from my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set and a sentiment from my Powerpoppy - Azalea stamp set (Thanks, PP!!) in Versafine Smokey Gray Ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Here's my finished card:

Hope you enjoyed my card. Maybe it has inspired you to add mists and sprays to some of your cards, too!

Have a great mid-week! Thank you for stopping by to visit!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash - Create Your Own Background
2. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash Color Challenge - coral, lime/chartreuse and aqua/light turquoise.
3. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash - Use Gold + Watercolor
4. A Colourful Journey February Let's Play Challenge - Use neglected supplies
5. Moving Along with the Times Challenge #14 - Words Only, No Image
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #282 - Create Your Own Background

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Janis the gold on green looks stunning
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this does look so amazing, so pretty, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow colors are great!
    an I lik this cat taht want this birfie for dinner :D
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<
    Fiki ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I think your background piece is amazing ........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background you created Janis, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I think this background is amazing! Super card to share with us at MAWTT, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Email follow doodad is ready for use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, love your background
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome background. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card fits so perfectly to our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Your background really makes this card, wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with us this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis