Thursday, February 25, 2016

Grungy Valentine with Inlaid Die Cut


Okay, so it's not a cat meme this time.....but it is funny.  :)

Hi, Friends.....

I am here to share another inlaid die cut card that I made for the Waffle Flower February Challenge. It's almost time to put my valentine supplies away for another year, but first I wanted to try a different kind of heart project using some grungy mixed media techniques. I used my Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set and the solid heart die from my Serendipity - Heart Scroll stamp and die set.



My background was made by gessoing up a piece of white cardstock and then rubbing some red Gelato onto it.  Then I misted with water to make some scrumptious drips and pools.  After it was dry, I stamped and dry embossed over it.  Not much of the texture shows in the photograph.  

Other supplies used include:
Gelato - Red Cherry
Darice - Birthday with Dots - used just the dotted part for the inlaid heart
Darice - Crackle embossing folder for red background
Versafine Ink - Smokey Gray for stamping sentiment
Distress Ink - Black Soot for stamping on red background
Heart background stamp from dollar rack
Versamark ink and silver embossing powder for loooooooong cat


Thanks for stopping by today. Maybe this has inspired you to break out of your usual style and try something a bit experimental, too. I'd love to see what you come up with!!
<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower February 2016 Challenge - Inlaid Die Cutting
2. Double D Challenges - Red and White
3. Design Memory Craft Take the Challenge with Mou February - Hearts

6 comments:

  1. OMG what a cute creation Janis! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘RED & WHITE’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card. Thanks for sharing how you made it. Love the sentiment and your long cat. Very clever design work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love the background. That grabbed me right away. And the long cat is so cute! Really got a kick out of the cartoon, too. Thanks for sharing in our Double D Red & White challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card.. love that background.. thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Super fun and CUTE! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fun and cute card! I love the background of your card! Thank you for joining us at Waffle Flower February Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis