Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Peace - Inlaid Die Cut


Awwwww......
Hi, Friends......

I'm here with a simple card that I made for the Winnie & Walter Belated Birthday Party Inlaid Die Cut Challenge. As you might already know, I am not a big one to use digis or printables. However, Winnie & Walter has a bunch of really fun freebies on their website. That's where I got this image. :) It's from the Daily Grind Collection Vol. 1 - Holiday Mint.

I thought it would look nice as an inlaid scene, so I die cut it with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set and cut a corresponding hole in a white background I dry embossed with my Darice - Snowflakes folder. I like the subtle texture the dry embossing brings without drawing too much attention away from the image panel.


This scene looked so peaceful that I pulled out a sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Crisp Winter stamp set and stamped the word PEACE with Versafine - Smokey Gray ink on a scrap of white cardstock that I had die cut with my Inspired by Stamping - Fancy Labels 3 Dies. I sponged the edges lightly with Distress Ink - Pine Needles and put it up on foam squares.

I resisted the urge to do much more to this card because I love the CAS look with all the white....so I didn't add any glitter or heat embossing. I matted with a narrow band of green and mounted it on a white card base.

I am really loving this simple card and I hope you do, too. Please join us over at Winnie & Walter. They have a ton of things going on over there!!! See you soon with more cards.

8 comments:

  1. Love this card! So pretty, and the inlaid die cut looks fabulous! Beautiful, peaceful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Janis and it really does look peaceful. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your CAS design and sweet images!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely peaceful Love the snowy sky ,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure is peaceful! and so very beautiful! This card is the definition of winter, so calm, so surreal... Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!
    DT Sweetie Naki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super with a lovely clean, crisp feel. Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with our colours at Cupcake Inspirations. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis