Saturday, February 13, 2016

Silvery Valentine



Hi, Friends......

I am here to share a valentine with you......that I did a bold experiment on!  This started out as two backgrounds I had made last year.  I had set them aside in the black hole that consumes all my extra backgrounds and figured I would deal with them later!  Ha. Well, a year later it is nearly Valentines Day, so I thought I had better pull the poor dears out of oblivion and make something with them.  But I had a problem.....

Question:  What can you do when you have your card all finished and you still think the colors are more intense than they should be?  

Answer:  Give it a good spritzing with Perfect Pearls Mist!!!  

Yep, that's what I did.  The card was all done....100% completely finished....sentiment panel and all....and I realized it was just too bright.  So I threw caution to the wind, fully realizing that I might absolutely ruin this card, and started spritzing.  lol... I don't use my Perfect Pearls Mist nearly often enough and so I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing.  But I love how it ended up with this super-frosty look.  Magical!!

What do you think?

I have the light angled here so you can see the silver shimmer!

Other supplies I used include: Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern embossing folder, Darice - Swirl Background embossing folder, Versamark ink, silver embossing powder, DCWV scraps, Elmer's Painters Marker - silver, sentiment from dollar rack, thrift store silver mesh ribbon, premade gray card base.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my misting experiment!  Thank you for all your wonderful comments.  Have a lovely weekend!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Spritz & Spray
2. Mod Squad - From the Heart
3. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #174 - Pink, Red, Hearts, or Any Combination of One or More
4. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #43 - Queen of Hearts
5. Amusing Challenge - Hearts
6. Country View Challenges February - Make Your Own Background
7. Ribbon Girls February Challenge - Any Card
8. Design Memory Craft Take the Challenge with Mou February - Hearts
9. A Colorful Journey Let's Play February Challenge - Use Some Neglected Art Supplies (I used some neglected backgrounds and my Perfect Pearls Mist)
10. Southern Ridge Trading Company February Challenge - Anything Love
11. One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Hi Janis! This is beautiful with the spray mist that you used. Great Valentine! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for this great tip on using perfect pearls mist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH JANIS!! This is gorgeous! Love all those layered embossed textures, heat embossing and silver lace. Then when you add pearly mists...swoon worthy! It really does remind me of a fairy tale in some kind of Ice Forest with all the shimmer and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Valentine! Love all that silvery goodness! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty color but mostly I love the texture Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome textures and so sparkly! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous textural piece of work and I love all those layers which look fantastic! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC! Loving all of the embossing, it looks awesome, and all of the layering going on too (my fave!) It really does shimmer! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the texture and the soft sheen. Thank you for joining the DL. ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #174. Katie-DTmember

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous texture! Thanks for joining in at Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Janis! The texture and colours are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Southern Ridge Trading Company.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is definitely magical! What a great shimmer it has now! Thanks for joining our February challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis