I am here to share a valentine with you......that I did a bold experiment on! This started out as two backgrounds I had made last year. I had set them aside in the black hole that consumes all my extra backgrounds and figured I would deal with them later! Ha. Well, a year later it is nearly Valentines Day, so I thought I had better pull the poor dears out of oblivion and make something with them. But I had a problem.....
Question: What can you do when you have your card all finished and you still think the colors are more intense than they should be?
Answer: Give it a good spritzing with Perfect Pearls Mist!!!
Yep, that's what I did. The card was all done....100% completely finished....sentiment panel and all....and I realized it was just too bright. So I threw caution to the wind, fully realizing that I might absolutely ruin this card, and started spritzing. lol... I don't use my Perfect Pearls Mist nearly often enough and so I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing. But I love how it ended up with this super-frosty look. Magical!!
What do you think?
|I have the light angled here so you can see the silver shimmer!|
Other supplies I used include: Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern embossing folder, Darice - Swirl Background embossing folder, Versamark ink, silver embossing powder, DCWV scraps, Elmer's Painters Marker - silver, sentiment from dollar rack, thrift store silver mesh ribbon, premade gray card base.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my misting experiment! Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Have a lovely weekend!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Spritz & Spray
2. Mod Squad - From the Heart
3. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #174 - Pink, Red, Hearts, or Any Combination of One or More
4. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #43 - Queen of Hearts
5. Amusing Challenge - Hearts
6. Country View Challenges February - Make Your Own Background
7. Ribbon Girls February Challenge - Any Card
8. Design Memory Craft Take the Challenge with Mou February - Hearts
9. A Colorful Journey Let's Play February Challenge - Use Some Neglected Art Supplies (I used some neglected backgrounds and my Perfect Pearls Mist)
10. Southern Ridge Trading Company February Challenge - Anything Love
11. One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes