Friday, February 19, 2016

Words Cannot Express.......



Hi, Friends......

I am here to share a card of love and appreciation for my dear hubby.  He did something really special for me for Valentine's Day and I wanted to make him a card to tell him how much I love and admire him.....even though words cannot adequately express it at all.  (Awwww....now I have gone all mushy!)

I'm not eloquent, like he is, so I may have gone a little crazy with a bunch of terrific words I found in an ancient paper stack.  (And I do mean ANCIENT!!!  I got it in a thrift store grab bag, but the stack has a 2005 copyright on it!!  EEEK!  I must have bought the grab bag for the other contents, because I think this is the first time or maybe second time that I have ever used anything from this very dated and neglected stack!)

I resisted the urge to use the word tile that said "Grumpy"  lol....
Do you like the little charms???  Since this is for hubby, I didn't want to go overboard on embellishments...but I thought the charms worked fine.  My daughter gave me a bunch of these miscellaneous pieces when she discovered how much I loved that broken owl charm I used recently.  It was fun picking out a few to place near the appropriate words.  I think you can see most of them pretty well, but the intelligent little owl next to the "expert" is one of my favorites.




I took some liberties, but I really did follow the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this card....at least for the background panels.  :)





I used very few other supplies but here they are:  Distress Ink in Fired Brick, DCWV cardstock in white and red, Beacon 3-in-1 craft glue.  Oh, and, in case you are interested, this old stack of paper is called "Deja Views - Alpha Blocks in Really Hot Red".  (Yikes!....Even the name and color description sound dated!  Ha.  It also says it contains over 660 pieces ... (gulp) ... Horrors!!!)

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card.  Maybe it inspires you to do some stashbusting by pulling out some really old product or perhaps it gives you some ideas of ways to use all those words that you have piled up somewhere!  Since I am a cardmaker and not a scrapper, I tend not to use these words very much.  Anyway, I was delighted to think of this card idea.  I think my dear hubby will like it, too.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Atlantic Hearts Challenge - Sketch #147
2. Double D Challenges - Red and White
3. Moving Along with the Times Challenge #14 - Words Only, No Image
4. The Male Room Challenge #29 - Monochromatic
5. A Colorful Journey - Let's Play with Neglected Art Supplies (This very old paper stack sat unused in my stash for a long time.)
6. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #174 - Pink, Red, Hearts, or Any Combination of One or More
7. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #220 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
8. One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes
9. Crop Stop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes (I used Distress Ink for the edges of my word tiles.)
10. Southern Ridge Trading Company February Challenge - Anything Love
11. Simply Create Too Challenge #103 - Use Pink or Red Only

30 comments:

  1. Wow, this is certainly a good take on the "words only" challenge. Very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT. Good luck and we would love to see you again next time. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Love how you incorporated the red and whit theme with the words. Your charms are perfect with the words you paired them with. Thanks so much for joining us at Double D and we hope to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea to make a card using words! I bet your hubby loved it! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to thank, what sounds like a great guy! Fun words and I love your older patterned paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you!! Pulling out a really old paper stack is always admirable and you get extra points for designing such a fun and happy card! Those teeny charms are well, charming..(especially the wise owl and that cute kitty). They accentuate the words perfectly and add a touch of whimsy. The title of that DCWV stack just cracks me up..but I'm sure I have some DCWV that's even older than 2005! I'm sure that Jim loved this all to bits..and agrees with all the words you chose to describe him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful tribute to your beloved. You have aced that sketch which is a feat in itself. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. red! my favorite color!
    so nice card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW this is really awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘RED & WHITE’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, the charms are a great addition! I bet your hubby was touched :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and creative way to use up some old stash! Love the addition of the charms and well placed, too! Thank you for joining our Double D 'red/white challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card...I really love the look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job from your stash bet he loves it .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the sketch! Great collage of words and love the charms! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am pretty sure I have a couple of those paper pads in my stash - in fact I just rediscovered this past week while reorganizing my room. I don't think I have used a single thing out of them! You have inspired to get them out this week and try to use something from them. Super cute card and great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice word card for your hubby! The charms are a great addition to all those wonderful words! Funny how the words just don't seem to express how we really feel sometimes! I am sure your hubby will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I can say is, keep on "taking liberties"! What a thoughtful and appreciative card this is.
    P.S. I've just added your button to my regular blog, Plush Possum Studio. I like it here.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card Janis! Thanks for joining us at Southern Ridge Trading Company.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you pieced the words together. Your husband will love the special card you made for him. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge 174. Katie-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks fab, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card, but I enjoyed reading your post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, I love the subway art affect. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love this Red word block card its stunning. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Janis, I love how you've put this together! A great use of your stash of supplies, and I bet your hubby loved it :o) Thanks again for joining our February challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You really did a great job making this card fit all those challenges with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all those words! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the bright color and words! Thanks for playing along!
    Linda (AHSC DT member)
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is superb and perfectly done. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such an awesome card. So blessed you joined our last Challenge and hope you join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement only the Word of God can provide in James 1:12 which tells us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." Have a blessed weekend.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis