Monday, February 22, 2016

Puffy Heart Valentine



Hi, Friends.....

I still have my valentine supplies out, so I am sharing a quick Happy Valentine's Day card I made.  I actually like making cards after the holiday (when there is no pressure) for having on hand for the next year.  Seems like I am always in a time crunch and it is such a relief to open my storage box for a particular occasion and find some ready-to-use cards already in there!  Yay!


For this card, I used an adorable Great Impressions kitty stamp (#E860S) which sadly seems to be discontinued. I stamped with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and heat embossed with clear powder.  Next, I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set.  I added some sweet puffy heart trim that my crafty friend, Karen L., sent to me a long time ago.  It's a super-simple card, but I really like how it turned out.  Hope you do, too.  I might have to make a few more of these while I still have my things out!

Have a great week!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Double D Challenges - Red and White
2. Great Impressions February Challenge - Let's Celebrate! (Hey, I am STILL celebrating Valentine's Day!!!  Aren't you???)
3. Crop Stop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes (Used MFT Die-Namics Dies)
4. Penny Black at All Sorts February Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamp and Die
5. Southern Ridge Trading Company February Challenge - Anything Love
6. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #120 - Die Cuts

7. SUYP - Cats Only Challenge #3- Kitty Love
8. Die Cut Divas February Challenge - Love, Marriage, Anniversary

19 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card. I love the black, white and red and the puffy hearts are just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious creation Janis and perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘RED & WHITE’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love the kitty with the heart, and the heart border. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - such a super sweet kitty - I love him :-) Great colouring on him and I really like your design layout. Fabbo hearts :-D
    Thank you for coming over to purr along at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super Valentines card Janis, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely Janis. What an adorable image and I love the hearts. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and adorable card...what a cute, cute stamp! Thank you for joining us our Double D 'Red/White' challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card Janis! Thanks for joining us at Southern Ridge Trading Company!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I have some of this puffy heart trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute. I love the kitty and the hearts under the image are perfect or PURRFECT. :)

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janis, I just LOVE this super cute card! The fun heart border was a perfect addition--and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you colored this image! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous Valentine card. I like the idea of the "missing" heart on the trim which the cutie cat is holding. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaah how lovely and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, this really is so totally adorable! I feel the same about making cards after the holiday has passed. The pressure is gone. Many times I send cards I made the previous year. Thanks so much for sharing your darling card in our Red & White Challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow this is so cute – your layout and design are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis