I am here with a card I made for the Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Make Your Own Background Challenge. I love making backgrounds, as you might know, and I have dozens of them sitting around in various stages of completion. This one was an experiment with craft foiling that had been in my stash for over a year. I had begun with a premade embossed card base and brayered Tombow Multi Mono Glue over the texture and pressed on some gold Clearsnap - Designer Foils. I loved how it turned out, but was waiting for just the right time to use it. Well, I rediscovered it the other day and couldn't leave well enough alone. Ha.
I tore the embossed cover off of the card base and decided to make it also fit with the W&W Color Challenge (coral, lime, chartreuse, and aqua). So I got out my Dylusions Ink Sprays in Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquoise and went at it. I put it atop some tissue scavenged from some old gift wrap to catch the overspray. This colorful tissue will end up as a mixed media project, eventually. :) Still not being content with it just sprayed, I also misted it with water for a blended look. LOVE!!!
|I didn't have any coral mist, so I put some Distress Ink - Abandoned Coral reinker in a mini-mister with some water and splattered it here and there for some accents.|
Hope you enjoyed my card. Maybe it has inspired you to add mists and sprays to some of your cards, too!
Have a great mid-week! Thank you for stopping by to visit!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash - Create Your Own Background
2. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash Color Challenge - coral, lime/chartreuse and aqua/light turquoise.
3. Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd BD Bash - Use Gold + Watercolor
4. A Colourful Journey February Let's Play Challenge - Use neglected supplies
5. Moving Along with the Times Challenge #14 - Words Only, No Image
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #282 - Create Your Own Background