I have been busy making cards lately and have several that haven't been blogged, so today I am trying to catch up a bit. This is my second post of the day. I hope you will look HERE at my other one, too. :)
Earlier this week I saw a wonderful valentine made from collaging a bunch of patterned paper scraps that had been sitting on the blogger's craft desk. It was gorgeous!! AND I WISH I REMEMBERED where I saw it!!!! ARRRGH!!! (Why, oh why did I not Pin it so I could find it later?????) If I remember (unlikely) or run across it again (slight chance) I will post the link. It was a girly valentine in pinks and vintage scraps....so romantic and pretty. Anyone have a clue whose it was???
Anywaaaaaaaaaaay.....I was inspired to make a set of masculine valentines with the manly scraps that were sitting on my craft table! Here's a close up of one of them. You can see the set of four at the bottom of this post.
I had a lot of fun dusting off some long-neglected Unity stamps to use on these cards. I stamped directly onto the patterned paper collaged background and collaged heart, not worrying (too much) if the images turned out perfect or not. :) I added a few Nuvo drops for fun as finishing touch.
Supplies used include:
Serendipity - Heart Scroll stamp and die set
Sizzix - Thinlits TH Mixed Media die set
Assorted Unity valentine motif stamps
Versafine Ink in Smokey Gray
Lots of patterned paper scraps
Twine from my stash
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pink Raspberry
In my effort to make multiples of my cards, I made a set of four of these. Each one is a little different....(Ha!..maybe in more ways than one!!! lol...)....and I love how they turned out. I will save my favorite for my hubby and the others will go in my box of cards I'm selling to help support the family help center where I volunteer. Yay!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card (top one) in the following challenges:
1. Mod Squad - Valentine/Love (must use red)
2. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #221 - Love or TY
3. Crop Stop January Linky Party #36 - Anything Goes use a product from company CS sells (I used Core'dinations cardstock, Sizzix dies, and Tsukineko - Versafine ink)
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 317-318 - Use Snippets
5. The House That Stamps Built - J2418 Anything Goes
6. CARDZ-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #32
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Layer It
8. Word Art Wednesday #318-319 - AG
9. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January