Don't miss my GIVEAWAY HERE
30 Cats in 30 Years post!!!
I had a diagonal strip of flag stamp background leftover from THIS CARD. You can follow that link to read how I made it. In a rare moment of clear thinking, I decided to go ahead and make a second card right then, rather than let this narrow strip lie dormant in my stash for a couple of years before finally using it! lol...
(Please tell me you know exactly what I am talking about here. Ha!)
I grabbed elements from two Graphic 45 collections, Good Ol' Sport and Place in Time, and also used an old Mark's Finest Papers stamp (sadly, now out of business). You know how the backs of commercial greeting cards are a bit glossy and have lots of blank space? I have a big stack of these and so I cut one for my sentiment panel. Many inks do not dry well on glossy stock, so I heat embossed it....and colored it with a red Ultra-fine Sharpie.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Mark's Finest Papers - USA Heroes stamp set (discontinued)
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
Clear embossing powder
Sharpie Marker - ultrafine in red
Graphic 45 - Good Ol' Sport collection (background)
Graphic 45 - Place in Time (border strips)
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to ink edges
Core'dinations/Darice cardstock for card base and mats.
Hope you liked my card. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave your sweet comments!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Graphic 45 - June Selfie Challenge #G45Selfie
2. Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #96 - Spots and/or Stripes
3. TCP June Challenge #358 - Summer
4. The House That Stamps Built - Anything Goes Challenge #J2619
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - June
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #392-393 - AG
8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
9. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stars and Stripes
10. Double D Challenges - Pick a Pattern (I chose stars and stripes!)