|.....And you don't want to miss a minute of the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop!!!!|
If you have a project to linkup, please SIGN IN HERE (required to be eligible for prizes) and then go to the Main Hop Page
(Please use #2020CatLoversHop on social media!!)
Also, please check out my
2020 Cat Lovers Hop Guidelines and FAQs
Welcome, Everyone!!! I am so glad you are here to join in the DAY 1 festivities of the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop!! Each day I will be posting fun things to see and do and win!
So how are you all doing? I know each of you has a tale to tell about this crazy year and so I encourage you to catch us up in the comments!!
I am running on a bit on the ragged edge this autumn, too! Biggest news is that I have a new little grandson, Miles, just born on Oct. 17.💟
That took a huge chunk out of my Cat Hop prep, as you can imagine!! But I am here and so are you.....and I am so honored you all have taken time from your busy schedules to participate.
Throughout this week, I will feature each of our sponsors along with the prizes they are offering. My thanks to the sponsors who kindly provided photos and graphics for me to use, as well as the totally fabulous prizes!
Just a reminder.....You must SIGN IN HERE to be eligible for prizes. Also, LINK UP ALL PROJECTS ON THE MAIN HOP PAGE by 11:55 pm Pacific, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020. I have my 2020 Cat Lovers Hop Guidelines and FAQs in a handy tab just under my header at the top of each page.
Okay on to the Day 1 festivities........
My featured sponsors today are: Lost Coast Designs, Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps, Your Next Stamp, Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps, Ellen Hutson, Fiki, Pink & Main, and Ike's Art (kindly sponsoring our Daily Games each day).
Let's get started with the introductions.....
I am delighted to start today's lineup with returning sponsor Lost Coast Designs and sister company Carmen's Veranda. They feature a wonderful and eclectic assortment of rubber stamps that are so much fun.
Our friend, Gail, Ionabunny......(who wears so many hats in blogland that she needs a whole closet just for her volunteer positions!!!)......is the DT leader at Lost Coast Designs and arranged for them to sponsor. (THANKS, Gail!!)
PRIZE: Lost Coast Designs is offering $10 worth of stamps from their online store to one lucky winner!!
BONUS: Right now there is a Furry Friends Challenge going on at their shared challenge blog. Your entry must have actual real stamping as the focal point. They also have their annual 31 Days of Halloween Challenge going on for your stamped Halloween projects. Rules and Details for their challenges are HERE.
Gail has a special Cat Lovers Hop Blog Post today on the Lost Coast Designs challenge site. Be sure to check it out!!
Please take time to visit Lost Coast Designs at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Carmen's Veranda Facebook. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
Please say a welcoming Meow to returning sponsor Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps. Leigh designs absolutely wonderful whimsical and quirky digital images.
BONUS: Leigh is celebrating the 31 Days of Halloween with a challenge and prizes for her hoppers linking up Halloween projects and for those who just want to hop around and comment! Details are HERE. If you make a Halloween project for our Cat Lovers Hop, be sure to enter in her fab challenge, also!! Leigh and Val have a special Cat Lovers Hop Blog Post today. Be sure to check it out!!
EXTRA BONUS: Leigh has a coupon code especially for Cat Hoppers! It's good for 20% off her Cat-themed listings in her Etsy Store!!!
Cat 20% Off Coupon Code:LSBDCATLOVERS2020Coupon duration: Oct 26 - 31 & expires at midnight pacific & is good for 20% off on all my cat themed listings.
EXTRA EXTRA BONUS: Leigh also has a special 15% off Halloween special going on at her Etsy Store through Oct. 31. Please check out her SALE SECTION for some fab discounts!! (The 20% off coupon will override the cat listings already discounted in the 15% off Halloween sale & apply the higher discount.)
Please take time to visit Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps at these social media spots: Blog, Store, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
PRIZE: Your Next Stamp is generously providing a $15 Gift Voucher to their online store to one lucky winner!!
Please take time to visit Your Next Stamp at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
Cat & Dog stamps!!! Wow....but HURRY, this is only good through Wednesday, Oct. 28!!!
Please take time to visit Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
We'll be seeing our dear friend, Fiki, of Bad Kitty's Craft Room throughout the week with her lovely cat projects.
Please take time to visit Fiki at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
DAILY GAME TIME!!!!!
Very Special Note to all Cat Hoppers:Many of you already know that our dear friend Ike is currently battling cancer and has been undergoing surgery and chemo. More surgery is in the near future and so she might not be able to join with us during this year's Hop. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she fights through this difficult challenge.We love you, Ike, and are praying for healing and strength!! 💗💗💗
PRIZE: Not only is Ike's Art sponsoring our Daily Games, but Ike is also offering an additional grand prize of a $20 Gift Code to her online store!! (WOW!! Some lucky digi lover is going to go crazy with that prize!!!)
Please take time to visit Ike at these social media spots: Blog, Store, and Facebook Group. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
NOTE: PLEASE PLAY IN THE DAILY GAMES EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THE DRAWINGS FOR THE DIGI PRIZES.
Not all of you use digis and have indicated that to me when you SIGNED IN. I hope you will still participate in the Daily Games. You do NOT have to participate in the digi giveaway to answer the Daily Game question that lets us all get to know each other better. If you DO want to be in the digi prize drawing, be sure to link up your name each day that you participate!
REMEMBER.....you must link up your name in the linky tool at the bottom of each post to be in the drawing for the digi prizes.
DAY 1 GAME: Kitty Roll Call and In Memoriam :(
As usual, our Day 1 Game is Kitty Roll Call where we share with each other the names of each of the cats that call your home (or your back porch) their own....even if it is just a home away from home. During Kitty Roll Call, you can tell us a little about your cats and you also may add to the roll call any that you have lost since last Cat Lovers Hop. :( :( :( Some of you might not have any kitties at home anymore, but please tell us about cats you have had in the past.
I will start.......
Here are my kitties:
1. Jetta - Jetta is my most senior cat, age 17. She is black with one adorable white whisker. That whisker has only turned white as she became advanced in age and her black coat became flecked with white. For years, she used to travel the half-mile across coyote-filled pastures to our old house, but finally retired here during the 2017 Cat Hop...much to our relief! Jetta is in remarkably good health for her age. She is mostly deaf and doesn't see as well as she used to, but her daily thyroid meds, vitamins, and joint supplements keep her looking and feeling amazing well for as old as she is. She is a round little muffin of a cat and a real sweetheart.
3. Andromeda - Our sweet little Night Sky Kitten, age 8, with her unimaginably soft, solid black coat. She is outside only, and dearly loves, loves, loves to be petted whenever we step outside. Such a sweet baby who diligently searches for any exposed skin on your neck or arm to lick when being held......infantile nursing instinct even though she is all grown up!! lol...
4. Marshmallow - the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop Badge Kitty!!! A big soft clump of something sweet. This formerly timid, very simple soul with a long coat and magnificent tail has turned into a bully in his advancing age of 14 years. Not taking guff from anyone...anymore!! Ha. For weeks we would hear a scuffle on the porch and look out there....no cats in sight, except for Marshy....looking completely innocent!!! (Sly old fox!! lol.) As inconceivable as it seemed, we finally concluded that Marshmallow might actually be the perpetrator!! Indeed, we eventually "caught him in the act". He and Alexander are still best buddies, though.....eating together, playing together, sparring together, sleeping together.....it is soooooooo cute!!!
|Scamper - 2006 -2020|
5. Scamper - In Memoriam - With a sad heart, I report that just over 24 hours ago we lost our dear Scamper-Girl, age 14. 💔💔💔 She had been doing very poorly last week and I moved her into a warm box in the bathroom. I soon realized she would not make it through the Hop. :(
6. Ophelia - Our big boy cat with the girl name....long story that I have detailed several times in past Cat Hops. lol.... That whole thing is particularly embarrassing since my hubby is a veterinarian!! Ha. Now age 10, Ophelia is a big lazy neutered male whom we affectionately call "Oaf-elia" or Oaf-Cat. In the winter, he gets fat and becomes our "Loaf-elia" or Loaf-Cat. :)
7. Whiskers - Whisk-Whisk is a clownish Black and White Tuxedo kitty, the sister and littermate of Ophelia...so, also, age 10. She's outside only, but one of our very favorites because of her perky personality. She's a great huntress and often won't leave the chicken house at night when I close the gate because she knows there are furry little 4-footed snacks that emerge in the darkness. She loves her little head rubbed.
8. Mistopheles - Started as a part-time tom, then we caught him and neutered him. Now he is ours. He's long-haired and solid black. He is so sweet and so drooly when you pet him.....ick! :)
9. Othello - Ginormous part-Siamese solid black cat, age 10, that nearly suffocates you when he drapes himself across your neck for a nap. Easily weighs over 20 lbs. He's our Oaf-Fellow!
10. Alexander - Started as a part-time tom but now is neutered and inseparable with his best buddy, Marshmallow. Alexander is still nervous about eyes looking at him, but will come over to me to be petted most anytime I call to him. Loves his tummy rubbed when I find him in a nest on the back porch. He's still too nervous to enjoy being held, but I do it occasionally to try to habituate him.
11. Brian - Beautiful classic brown tabby patterned male, age 6. Littermates with Caspian and Judith....very, very sweet.
12. Caspian - A gentleman kitty with a gentle personality. He is littermates with Brian and Judith.....so, also, age 6. Caspian loves to come in the house but never wants to stay in for long.
13. Judith - Judith, also age 6, is our very, very naughty wanderer. When the weather is decent, she shows up every 3 or 4 weeks (or even months!) for a day or two or three...then she is off again. A storm or cold weather will usually bring her home again...for a time. As I write this the week before the Hop, we have snow and single digit temps in the forecast and she showed up this morning....right on schedule! She's a simple and sweet kitty and it drives me crazy that she won't stay home. I used to think that she might lead a double life, enjoying the benefits of another family in our area that perhaps does not have so many other kitties, but she comes home so very hungry that now I think she is just living out on her own during those times. I miss her and worry about her. We have way too many predators around here for that to be a good lifestyle choice for any kitty. :(
14. Skippyjon - Siamese-X and still a character! Poor Skippy can only be inside with careful supervision, but he is well behaved in my son's room so he often gets to sleep there at night.....which he loves!!
15. Perdita - She is our exotic, lovely Siamese. She has completely established herself as a diva who only wants affection on her terms. She wants a dollop of canned cat food anytime, though....but NOT 9 Lives, ONLY Friskies Poultry Favorites Pate style. I obediently give it to her twice a day, so she won't vomit out of spite! Ha. She is a supremely sensitive creature, but is adapting extremely well to having our daughter and new grandbaby living here. We are amazed.
16. Huckle - (In Memoriam) - So sad that we lost our Huckle several months ago. He started as a part-time tom several years ago who became our Resident Tom, keeping other toms away for the most part. A ginger tabby, he looked an awful lot like Alexander and we strongly suspect they might have been littermates. My son and I were juuuuuuuuuuuust beginning to gain his trust and to be able to touch and pet him (which he LOVED) when he took ill and died. Vet hubby never could get close to him so we don't know what happened. So sad to lose this warrior when we were just getting to enjoy him. :(
This is how to play the Daily Game to be eligible for the prize drawing:NOTE: The Daily Game link ups will be open the entire duration of the Hop, including the extra day for comments. Entries need to be in by 11:55 pm Pacific, Sunday Nov. 1, 2020 to be eligible for the daily prize. So you have more than just today to comment and link up. I realize that not everyone has access to a printer or likes to use digis, so I am still keeping the link up gadget to make sure the digi prizes go to winners who can use them. But I am hoping EVERYONE will participate in answering the questions whether they are putting their name in for the prize or not.
1. Make sure you have SIGNED IN HERE to be eligible for prizes.
2. Leave a comment giving us your Kitty Roll Call and anything you want to tell us about them. I never get tired of reading about everyone's cats!!!
3. After you finish your Kitty Roll Call comment: if you want to be in the drawing for the prize, fill out your (own) name in the link up below. This doesn't have any thumbnails so no photo needed! You don't even need a blog!!! This is for everyone!!!
Okay, now it is your turn!!
REMEMBER: Link your cat-themed projects over on the Main Hop Page. (Please use #2020CatLoversHop on social media!!) This link-up below is just to enter the drawing for the Daily Game after you have commented with your Kitty Roll Call. Thanks!!!
Thank you sooooooooooo much for being a part of the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop. Let the kitty fun BEGIN!!!