2021 CAT LOVERS HOP
coming October 25-30, 2021
right here at
Her Peaceful Garden
Don't forget to participate in the following...it's NOT TOO EARLY.
You can do these right now!!:
1. SIGN IN for the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop (REQUIRED to be eligible for prizes!!)
2. GIVEAWAY - Post my 2021 Cat Lovers Hop Badge (closes Oct. 24th)
3. Please look at the 2021 CAT LOVERS HOP - GUIDELINES and FAQs
4. Get started making your cat projects for the hop!!!
I'm taking another little time out from my Cat Hop prep to share an entry for the Let's Squash It! Challenge which is always all about dry embossing with a twist. This time Jo and Gail, the dynamic duo of dry embossing, are asking for Double Embossing.
Well....well....well....like a dragon 🐲🐲🐲 lured away from her cave filled with gold 💰💰💰 at the prospect of accumulating a little bit more, I couldn't resist!! I happen to LOVE double embossing. I think of it as one of my signature techniques and use it often with my usual clean and layered style.
Things are way too crazy this week to make anything new, but I do have a couple of cards that I made a while back using this technique on the background. LOVE!!
I started with a layered background made with scraps of several different coordinated patterned papers. I dry embossed it and then applied Versamark ink with a brayer over the raised parts. I sprinkled on embossing powder and zapped it with my heat gun. I repeated the Versamark ink and embossing powder 2-3 times to get really nice definition on my pattern. I LOVE it!! Then I added my other card elements as desired.
Bonus: This technique of double embossing is a fabulous way to use up some of that ancient embossing powder that we all have sitting around in our caves, er, I mean our stashes!!! ❤
Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Taylored Expressions - Twirls and Swirls embossing folder (retired)\
Ranger - Embossing Powder in Silver
Uptown Accessories - Embossing Powder in Antique Gold (very ancient and retired)
Great Impressions - Hello! stamp
PaperTrey Ink - Fillable Frames #5 mini stamp set
Chipboard funky flowers
Patterned Paper scraps from stash
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards. I also hope you will join us for the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop coming up all next week right here on my blog. It's going to be great!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. Let's Squash It! Challenge #13 - Double Embossing
2. Butterfly Challenge #162 - T is for.... (I chose just the Two Patterned Papers option this time.)
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #414 - Use Snippets
4. CARDZ - AG Challenge #151
5. DL.ART October Linky Challenge - AG
6. Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2142 - AG
7. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 513-514 - AG
8. Ally's Angels Challenge #51 - AG