The 2021 Cat Lovers Hop starts TODAY......
And you don't want to miss a thing!!!
If you have a project to linkup, please SIGN IN HERE (required to be eligible for prizes) and then go to the Main Hop Page
(Please use #2021CatLoversHop on social media!!)
Also, please check out my
2021 Cat Lovers Hop Guidelines and FAQs
Welcome, Everyone!!! I am so glad you are here to join in the DAY 1 festivities of the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop!! Each day I will be posting fun things to see and do and win!
So how are you all doing? I don't know about you, but I am just glad to be able to hostess our Cat Lovers Hop again this year. As you might have seen on my blog already, I got hit with Covid during September and lost pretty much the entire month!!! Ugh. I am fine and thankfully none of our family had to go to the hospital. But it sure did impact my Cat Hop preparations!
Since then I have been running around like a head with its chicken cut off trying to get everything done and arranged.....taking care of sponsor questions and attending to multitudes of details about this and that. This cartoon sums it up:
Fortunately, I have received several offers of help that I gladly accepted. The following Helpful Hoppers truly have saved this year's Hop and I am so grateful for their support and encouragement: Karen Ladd, Christi Conley, Alex Trofimov, and NanaConnie, along with several others who expressed concern and sent well wishes while I was sick. THANK YOU, my dear Hop Family, for coming through for us all. ❤❤❤
If you are new to our Hops, you might wonder what these Daily Posts are all about.
Here's what to expect on these Daily Cat Hop Posts:
1. Brief introduction to call attention to any important items that Hoppers should know about. So be sure to check each day's post!
2. Featured Sponsors for that day with the awesome prizes they are offering. My thanks to all these fabulous companies and individuals who provide photos and graphics....as well as very generous prizes!
You also will find Bonus Links to special Cat Hop blog events, sales, challenges, etc the sponsors are hosting during the week. Sometimes I will feature a special Guest Designer from sponsor Design Teams or my Helpful Hoppers to showcase sponsor products.
3. Daily Games: I encourage ALL Hoppers to join in these special games by answering each day's icebreaker question or activity. There are prizes sponsored by Ike's Art and guest designers from my Helpful Hoppers. There is a link-up for those who want to in the drawing for one of the prizes, but you don't have to link up to join in the fun games. PLEASE participate even if you don't use digital images. This is one of the ways we get to know each other!!!
Just a reminder.....You must SIGN IN HERE to be eligible for prizes. Also, LINK UP ALL PROJECTS ON THE MAIN HOP PAGE by 11:55 pm Pacific, Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021. I have my 2021 Cat Lovers Hop Guidelines and FAQs in a handy tab just under my header at the top of each page.
Okay on to the Day 1 festivities........
My featured sponsors today are:
Lost Coast Designs, Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps, Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps, Your Next Stamp, Rubber Dance Art Stamps, Brutus Monroe, Picket Fence Studios, Ink Blot Shop, and Ike's Art (kindly sponsoring our Daily Games each day).
Let's get started with the introductions.....
I am delighted to start today's lineup with returning sponsor Lost Coast Designs and sister company Carmen's Veranda. They feature a wonderful and eclectic assortment of rubber stamps that are so much fun.
Our friend, Gail, Ionabunny......(who is absolutely here, there, and everywhere in blogland. How does she have enough energy to do that??!!).....is the DT leader at Lost Coast Designs and arranged for them to sponsor. (THANKS, Gail!!)
PRIZE: Lost Coast Designs is offering $10 worth of stamps from their online store to one lucky winner!!BONUS: Right now there is a 31 Days of Halloween Challenge going on at their shared challenge blog. If you make a
Halloween Cat Lovers Hop project, you can enter it over there, too! Your entry must have actual real stamping as the focal point. Rules and Details for their challenges are HERE.
Gail has a special Cat Lovers Hop Blog Post today on the Lost Coast Designs challenge site. Be sure to check it out!!
Please take time to visit Lost Coast Designs at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Carmen's Veranda Facebook. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
Please say a welcoming Meow to returning sponsor Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps. Leigh designs absolutely wonderful whimsical and quirky digital images.....and is launching new Monthly Hops and Challenges over at her blog!
PRIZE: Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps is offering 4 prizes!! Three lucky winners will receive a $3.50 Gift Certificate for her online store, and an additional Hopper will win her wonderful digital Cats Galore Collage and Senti Set. Super-fun!!!
NOTE: The year Leigh has launched her line of SVG Cutz for electronic cutting machines this year. She would love to know how many of you currently own electronic die-cutting machines. I edited my Sign-In Post to include that question. If you didn't see it or forgot to answer it, please leave a "reply" to your original comment with a yes or no on that. THANKS!!
There are a ton of exciting things going on over at the LeighSBDesigns blog. Check these out:
BONUS: Leigh and Val will feature special Cat Lovers Hop Blog Posts all week so be sure to check them out HERE!
EXTRA BONUS: Leigh is celebrating the 31 Days of Halloween
challenge and prizes for her hoppers linking up Halloween projects and for those who just want to hop around and comment! Details are HERE. If you make a Halloween project for our Cat Lovers Hop, be sure to enter in her fab challenge, also!!
EXTRA EXTRA BONUS: Leigh also has a Halloween special going on at her Etsy Store through Oct. 31.
Please take time to visit Leigh SB Designs Art Stamps at these social media spots: Blog, Store, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
PRIZE: Your Next Stamp is generously providing a $15 Gift Voucher to their online store to one lucky winner!!
Please take time to visit Your Next Stamp at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
Next we have another returning sponsor, Rubber Dance Art Stamps. It's been a joy for our American Hoppers to get to know this wonderful homebased family-owned company that many of our Euro Hoppers are already familiar with. If you don't yet know about Rubber Dance Art Stamps....you must check out their terrific products!!
PRIZE: Here's the fabulous prize that Rubber Dance has for us. How cool is this artsy Curious Cat stamp??!!
(This awesome stamp is the one I chose to be the prize for the lucky winner who displayed our Cat Hop Badge before the Hop started.)
BONUS: Rubber Dance has a special Cat Hop Post to share with us over at their blog. Check it out HERE!
Please take time to visit Rubber Dance at these social media spots: Blog, Facebook, and Instagram. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
PRIZE: Picket Fence Studios is generously providing a surprise bundle of Cat Stamps from their online store to one lucky winner!!
Please help me welcome back to our Cat Lovers Hop a returning sponsor, Ink Blot Shop. You will find unique products in her inventory that are just what you were looking for!
PRIZE: The Ink Blot Shop is generously providing a 15% Discount Coupon Code for ALL HOPPERS!!
The code CATLOVE21 entered during checkout at www.inkblotshop.com will give a 15% discount on products purchased through November 2, 2021 at 11:59pm Eastern.
DAILY GAME TIME!!!!!
PRIZE: Ike's Art not only is sponsoring our Daily Games by offering 6 of her wonderful Cat digital images, but Ike is also offering an additional prize of the entire Kitten Kristmas set to a lucky winner!!
BONUS: Ike has a special Cat Lovers Hop post on her Show Us Your Pussies - Cats Only Challenge blog today.
Please take time to visit Ike at these social media spots: Blog, Store (Note: Currently Ike's store is in transition and she is transferring images to the blog I linked for her "store". Email her if you see an image you wish to purchase.) Facebook Group. Don't forget to Like, Follow, Share, and Comment with a big "THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
NOTE: PLEASE PLAY IN THE DAILY GAMES EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THE DRAWINGS FOR THE DIGI PRIZES.
Not all of you use digis and have indicated that to me when you SIGNED IN. I hope you will still participate in the Daily Games. You do NOT have to participate in the digi giveaway to answer the Daily Game question that lets us all get to know each other better. If you DO want to be in the digi prize drawing, be sure to link up your name each day that you participate!
REMEMBER.....you MUST LINK UP your name in the linky tool at the bottom of each post to be in the drawing for the digi prizes.
DAY 1 GAME: Kitty Roll Call and In Memoriam :(
As usual, our Day 1 Game is Kitty Roll Call where we share with each other the names of each of the cats that call your home (or your back porch) their own....even if it is just a home away from home. During Kitty Roll Call, you can tell us a little about your cats and you also may add to the roll call any that you have lost since last Cat Lovers Hop. :( :( :( Some of you might not have any kitties at home anymore, but please tell us about cats you have had in the past.
I will start.......
Here are my kitties:
1. Jetta - Jetta is my most senior cat, age 18. She is black with one adorable white whisker. That whisker has only turned white as she became advanced in age and her black coat became flecked with white. For years, she used to travel the half-mile across coyote-filled pastures to our old house, but finally retired here during the 2017 Cat Hop...much to our relief! Jetta is in remarkably good health for her age. She is mostly deaf and doesn't see as well as she used to, but her daily thyroid meds, vitamins, and joint supplements keep her looking and feeling amazing well for as old as she is. She is a round little muffin of a cat and is most definitely Queen of the Roost inside the house!
3. Marshmallow - Since losing his sister, Scamper -the Queen of the Back Porch, last year, Marshy is the new King of Beasts out there. Quite a lofty title for this big soft clump of something sweet. This formerly timid, very simple soul with a long coat and magnificent tail has turned into a bully in his advancing age of 15 years. Not taking guff from anyone...anymore!! Ha. Marshy has had some interesting disputes with our new resident tom, Oreo...more about him later! But they seem to have come to some understanding and Marshmallow is the Reigning Monarch.....with his best buddy, Alexander, as his Court Jester. They are still so adorable together!!
5. Whiskers - Whisk-Whisk is a clownish Black and White Tuxedo kitty, the sister and littermate of Ophelia...so, also, age 11. Since we sadly lost our Perdita this year, we only had 2 or sometimes 3 kitties in the house....so few that it seemed like no kitties at all!! So I started letting Whiskers in the house this fall.....SHE LOVES THAT!!! She had been one to sneak in occasionally, anyway, so I knew she would be interested. She's opinionated and perky and loves to snuggle on the bed at night. She's indoor-outdoor so she still keeps her mad skillz as a great huntress sharp when she is not in the house. She has a secret way of gaining entrance into the chicken yard (even when it is closed up at night) that none of us can figure out....and, fortunately, that the coons have not discovered yet! I imagine the mice that are active in the chicken house after dark are rejoicing that she is usually sleeping on my bed at night!!
7. Othello - Ginormous part-Siamese solid black cat, age 11, that nearly suffocates you when he drapes himself across your neck for a nap. Easily weighs over 20 lbs. He's our Oaf-Fellow! He's the new Guardian of the Baby since we lost our poor Perdita.
8. Alexander - Started as a part-time tom but now is neutered and inseparable with his best buddy, Marshmallow. Alexander is still a little nervous about eyes looking at him, but will come over to me to be petted most anytime I call to him. Loves his tummy rubbed when I find him in a nest on the back porch. He's still a little too nervous to enjoy being held, but I can pick him up a lot more than I could even a year ago.
9. Brian - Beautiful classic brown tabby patterned male, age 7. Littermates with Caspian and Judith....very, very sweet.
10. Caspian - A gentleman kitty with a gentle personality. He is littermates with Brian and Judith.....so, also, age 7. Caspian loves to come in the house but never wants to stay in for long.
11. Judith - Judith, also age 7, is our very, very naughty wanderer. When the weather is decent, she shows up every 3 or 4 weeks (or even months!) for a day or two or three...then she is off again. A storm or cold weather will usually bring her home again...for a time. This summer she seemed to come home more often than she has in the past, so I am hopeful that this wandering will gradually occur less and less often. We have several new neighbors who are doing construction in our neighborhood so I am hoping that gives us even more of a buffer zone against predators. But there are still way too many coyotes around here for adventuring to be a good lifestyle choice for a kitty. :(
12. Skippyjon - Age 5. Siamese-X and still a character! Poor Skippy can only be inside with careful supervision, but he is well behaved in my son's room so he often gets to sleep there at night.....which he loves!!
13. Perdita - (In Memoriam) We lost our dear Perdita in June this year. She was our son's cat....an exotic, lovely Siamese. My son saw an ad in the paper advertising a Free Siamese. They had obtained her from someone else and the details of her past were very sketchy. She had a lot of digestive problems and we think they probably got rid of her because of her vomiting. With special dietary supplements and feeding her brand of cat food to her on demand (which was often!) she improved somewhat under my vet hubby's care, but she never really was well. When my grandson was born last October, Perdita assumed the role of Guardian of The Baby. She diligently watched over him from the top of the couch or some other safe but nearby place. When he whimpered, she was visibly upset. She passed on the Guardian role to Othello shortly before she died and he has now grudgingly taken up post near the baby .....only swatting (without claws) when Miles pulls his tail or grabs his ears. We miss beautiful Perdita who graced our home for 4 years. We are honored and privileged to have given her a loving, understanding home for her last difficult years. RIP Sweet "Girl Cat". 💔
This is how to play the Daily Game to be eligible for the prize drawing:NOTE: The Daily Game link ups will be open the entire duration of the Hop, including the extra days for comments. Entries need to be in by 11:59 pm Pacific, Wednesday Nov. 3, 2021 to be eligible for the daily prize. So you have more than just today to comment and link up. I realize that not everyone has access to a printer or likes to use digis, so I am still keeping the link up gadget to make sure the digi prizes go to winners who can use them. But I am hoping EVERYONE will participate in answering the questions whether they are putting their name in for the prize or not.
1. Make sure you have SIGNED IN HERE to be eligible for prizes.
2. Leave a comment giving us your Kitty Roll Call and anything you want to tell us about them. I never get tired of reading about everyone's cats!!!
3. After you finish your Kitty Roll Call comment: if you want to be in the drawing for the prize, fill out your (own) name in the link up below. This doesn't have any thumbnails so no photo needed! You don't even need a blog!!! This is for everyone!!!
Okay, now it is your turn!!
REMEMBER: Link your cat-themed projects over on the Main Hop Page. (Please use #2021CatLoversHop on social media!!) This link-up below is just to enter the drawing for the Daily Game after you have commented with your Kitty Roll Call. Thanks!!!
Thank you sooooooooooo much for being a part of the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop. Let the kitty fun BEGIN!!!