Thursday, September 17, 2015

Believe - Molten Double Embossing



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a Christmas card using one of my very favorite techniques:  molten double embossing.  Essentially, this entails dry embossing and dabbing the entire embossed surface with Versamark Ink and then heat embossing with layers of one or more powders to get a wonderful molten look.  LOVE!!!  

I had this background dry embossed with the Darice - Snowflakes and Flourishes and already done up with silver heat embossing, but added WOW! Embossing Powder - Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High on the flourishes to enter it into the Speedy Fox & Friends - Gold and Silver challenge. That's one thing I love about this technique....you can keep adding more colors and layers.  Fun!

 

Isn't this a lovely angel?  This stamp is from the Believe set by Clear Art Stamps.  (I can't find a link.)  This set has lived in my stash for at least a couple of years and I haven't ever used it.  I stamped the angel on vellum with Onyx Black Versafine Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.


I used the same Onyx Black with the Believe sentiment and heat embossed it on white cardstock.  I added a couple of sparkling rhinestones and mounted it all on black cardstock.


I love the definition of the embossed pattern with this molten technique.  This is the first time I had experimented using the Ultra High coarse powder with this technique.  I find that it gives more of the delicious "molten" look than regular powder, but you lose some of the design definition.  I like the look of it over the silver on this background.  

Hope you enjoyed seeing my card.  I appreciate all your wonderful comments.  Thank you, also, for your thoughts and prayers lately.  I am feeling a TON better.  I think the new meds are kicking in.  Yay!  I am grateful.  Have a lovely rest of the week!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.   Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #279 - Use Both Silver and Gold
2.   Try it on Tuesday - Add Some Metal (I used metallic silver and gold embossing powder.)
3.   Shopping Our Stash - SOS/Jingle Belles Bonus Challenge - Use stash item to make Christmas card (I used the Believe set with the Angel.)
4.   Jingle Belles - Shopping our Jingly Stash - Use stash item to make a Christmas Card (I used the Believe set with the Angel.)
5.   Cards in Envy - Inspired by a Song (My card was inspired by "Angels from the Realms of Glory".)
6.   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love this Technique (I used my molten double embossing technique.)
7.   Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge - Take a Stamp
8.   Little Red Wagon Challenge #307 - Try Something New (I used the coarse embossing powder with my molten double embossing technique for the first time.)
9.   The Artistic Stamper September Creative Challenge - Things with Wings 
10.  Southern Ridge Trading Co. September Challenge - Favourites (I used my favorite embossing technique.) 
11.  Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #236 - Sketch Challenge
 

25 comments:

  1. Wow, I am in awe! It's stunning, so shining and beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love all the texture you created. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your techniques just keep getting better and better....as in more creative! You are the queen of double- embossing, that's for sure. All that metallic shine and wonderful texture make this card look like a piece of handcrafted jewelry! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how beautiful and no problem photographing it Glad you shared at SFF MFP. Janis thank you for the photo help I will check out that site...............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis, I love the way this turned out! I'm going to have to give this a try. Thank you for playing along at lrw Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the molten technique you have used Janis! Thanks for sharing it with us at TioT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The angel is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew and Jingle Belles for our joint Stashy Christmas challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and love the embossing powder on top. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very cool, Janis! Beautiful dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous layers of texture ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your use of gold and silver for the MFP/SFF challenge this week.That technique is really beautiful! Hope you will join us again next week! Thanks for sharing! kReN @ afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely image. Thanks for joining us at try stampin on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, i *THINK* you've just made me NEED to get out both my e/f's and the dreaded heat gun, b/c that technique is just sooooooooooooooooo very cool!!! (which seems like the wrong adj for something called molten but you know what i mean, lol!) LOVE IT! viola, indeed! :) thanks for shopping your stash with us at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is the epitome of elegant embossing! I really love the sophisticated look you created here. It was a lot of fun to read about your technique and to see the "how" behind this card. Just makes me want to reach for my heat gun even more often! I also really like how you used a non-traditional color palette for this card. It is really refreshing to see these iconic images, but with a modern tone. You did a fantastic job and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a "wow" card!! I love all of the molten details and the images as well. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that background is awesome. I think I used to know how to make that, too! :) It;s a great effect.

    Thanks for joining us for the SOS & JB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love the embossing detail! And the song is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card .... that background is amazing! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous project... lovely stamping!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! Thanks for participating in our Southern Ridge Trading Company monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely project, great embossing, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cool and pretty card, Janice! I've never heard of this technique before, so I'm going to need to give it a try! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  25. oooh ! I looove your card ! this angel is gorgeous !
    thank you so much for plaing with us at The Artistic Stamper !
    xxx Titbelsoeur DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis