Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thanks - Neon Colors

I waaaaaaaaant THESE!!!  




Hi, Friends.....

I am here to share a card I made for the Neon challenge at
The Male Room.  It can be tough to photograph the super light-reactive colors, but I did my best.  These colors really glow with actual sunlight or ultraviolet.  I love them against the black!!



I used my Paper Smooches - Gift Tags Dies to cut out the masculine colors (no pink!) from my DCWV Creamy Stack.  I cut out contrasting reinforcements with the same die set for the bright little tags.  I stamped the letters with an ancient set of Inkadinkadoo alphas, using Staz-On Ink in Jet Black.  

It was weird.....I have used this Creamy Stack a lot of times for a number of different projects and only today discovered that there is a translucent plastic layer bonded over the paper that makes it "creamy".  Don't even ask what happens when you try to heat emboss it!!!  Ugh....  Suffice it to say that Staz-On alone is the way to go. 

I strung the little tags into a banner with some fluorescent chartreuse ribbon that is so bright it nearly keeps the whole household awake at night! (Maybe that's why the cats are always ratting around after we go to bed!) I wish it had photographed true to color.  I put tiny black foam squares under the right hand edge of each tag to give a hint of dimension.  I embellished the card with more of the little reinforcements I cut out and I even used the little scrap solid circle middles!  Hey, that qualifies this as a scrap card....just barely!  :)  

I really like how this card turned out......actually quite close to my mind's initial concept, for a change!!!  Ha.  Hope you enjoyed it, too.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving all your wonderful comments!!  Have a lovely rest of the week.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  The Male Room Challenge #19 - Neon Colours 
2.  Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #280 - Banners
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - No Designer Paper
4.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp and Hop
5.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 195 - Use Snippets
6.  Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party
7.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #202 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
8.  DL.Art September Linky Party - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Janis, aren't you the clever girl to use tags as banners. I love that idea. Thanks for joining us at the MFP/SFF challenge this week! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful Janis! Sitting here with my sunshades on :) LOVE it!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright colors for your banners!
    Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great display of tags! I like this banner very much! Thank you for joining the DLART Anything Goes September Linky Challenge - Have a blessed day!
    Gail Scott http://DL.ART DT member
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on this week's challenge at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends, thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could not ask for a better banner the bold colors just dance on that black Thanks for sharing at MFP SFF>...................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors you used. Cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The fact that the colors truly look neon is awesome! And I agree, you should put this in a drawer at night to let your cats go to sleep! That card is like a party for sure!! ;*wink*
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and bright!! Thanks for joining our STAMPtember challenge on the Simon Says Stamp blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun card Janis, the banner makes me smile! Glad you joined us at Speedy Fox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sure is bright. I have some neon wool. It's wild. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant - literally!! I do like the tag word and the use of eyelets too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun with the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! Love the bright colors!! So fun!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, aren't you the clever one! Not only did you cut tags out of these bright and cheery neon papers, but you even made dots and reinforcements to sprinkle about for extra fun! Love how you strung these little beauties on that ribbon....and popped it all against the black background. Get your sunglasses out everyone!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis