Thursday, September 10, 2015

Stenciled and Stamped Thank You

Not a kitty pic, but isn't this bed set gorgeous????



Hi, Friends....

I am here with a card for this week's MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge which asks us to stamp over a stencil.  This fabulous tutorial by Pat Garvin shows how!  

I also had just been looking at the Make ART Challenge Blog which features Wendy Vecchi's art.  I saw that their current challenge is to create something, using her line of products, inspired by some of the new releases on her blog.  That sounded like fun!  I looked on her blog and was super-inspired by the blues and purples in her samples using the new Stamp It Stencil It sets (Floral Collage and Water Lily).  I grabbed my Stamper's Anonymous - Wendy Vecchi - Build a Bloom - Stamp It Stencil It set and went to work combining these two challenges.  :)


I stenciled over a scrap piece of DCWV patterned paper with the flower and the foliage stencils, using Distress Ink in Broken China and Shaded Lilac.  Then I stamped over the flowers with the cracked background from my Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set using Distress Ink in Dusty Concord.  (Do you like the cracked effect?  I wasn't sure at first, but it has grown on me and now I really do!)



As is my usual style, I made a very simple sentiment panel from a scrap of white cardstock to accompany this pretty background.  I stamped my Quietfire Designs - Rough-Hewn Thank You (Mini) with the same Dusty Concord DI and heat embossed it with clear powder.  Everything was matted with and mounted on purple cardstock.  Some synthetic shimmery raffia from my stash finished it all up.  I totally LOVE how this card turned out.  I adore the soft look of the stenciling over the patterned paper.  Hope you like it, too!!!

I did some other stamping over stenciling, too.  Some turned out pretty good and some not-so-great.  Ha!  (Back to the scrap heap with them to be remade into something else at a later date!! lol...)  I want to thank Pat for the wonderful challenge theme.  This awesome technique is one that I will want to play with again!!! 

Hope you are all having a great week and getting ready for a lovely weekend!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #278 - Stamp over Stencil
2.  Make ART September Challenge - New Product Inspiration  
3.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #200 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #193 - Use Snippets
5.  DL.ART September Challenge Linky - Anything Goes
6.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Stamp and Blog Hop

ETA because I wanted to give this card to the recipient first....and I know she visits my blog sometimes!!  A sweet friend helped us out in the Rabies Vaccine Clinic we held in our community recently.  She likes purple, so I had made this for her.  Thanks, Christy!
7.  The Paper Girls Challenge - Grateful/Thankful 

15 comments:

  1. Great technique and a lovely card in those luscious colours.
    Thanks for skipping over to the Snippets Playground with it.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out lovely. Thanks for trying the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL colors and textures!! GREAT job on stamping on the stenciled paper! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Use a Stamp” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This effect is gorgeous. I love the deep purple Thank for joining. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER Linky Challenge(DL.ART DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Janis, this is just wonderful! It looks just like printed fabric (the DCWV patterned paper base looks like twill). The colors are gorgeous and I definitely LOVE that crackle effect on the stenciled flowers. Now you have yet another fantastic addition to your bag of crafty tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with this!! You did a super ultra AWESOME job!! And I love the crackle! You said it is a stamp that looks like crackle? I must know where I can get it!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors and background. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Janis and double what was asked at Speedy Fox and Friends MFP>>>>>>>>>>>>thanks for sharing .........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that crackle texture on the flower, so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Wendy Vecchi Make ART challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and I like your Stenciling and DP combo! Thank you for joining the 200th Challenge Celebration at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny DT WAW

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty in the purple - great stamping of the blooms with the crackle - love the shiny ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, beautiful colors! Thanks for celebrating with us by sharing your card this week at Word Art Wednesday's 200th Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card! Love the crackling in the flowers! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis