Thursday, September 17, 2015
Believe - Molten Double Embossing
I am here with a Christmas card using one of my very favorite techniques: molten double embossing. Essentially, this entails dry embossing and dabbing the entire embossed surface with Versamark Ink and then heat embossing with layers of one or more powders to get a wonderful molten look. LOVE!!!
I had this background dry embossed with the Darice - Snowflakes and Flourishes and already done up with silver heat embossing, but added WOW! Embossing Powder - Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High on the flourishes to enter it into the Speedy Fox & Friends - Gold and Silver challenge. That's one thing I love about this technique....you can keep adding more colors and layers. Fun!
Isn't this a lovely angel? This stamp is from the Believe set by Clear Art Stamps. (I can't find a link.) This set has lived in my stash for at least a couple of years and I haven't ever used it. I stamped the angel on vellum with Onyx Black Versafine Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.
I used the same Onyx Black with the Believe sentiment and heat embossed it on white cardstock. I added a couple of sparkling rhinestones and mounted it all on black cardstock.
I love the definition of the embossed pattern with this molten technique. This is the first time I had experimented using the Ultra High coarse powder with this technique. I find that it gives more of the delicious "molten" look than regular powder, but you lose some of the design definition. I like the look of it over the silver on this background.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my card. I appreciate all your wonderful comments. Thank you, also, for your thoughts and prayers lately. I am feeling a TON better. I think the new meds are kicking in. Yay! I am grateful. Have a lovely rest of the week!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #279 - Use Both Silver and Gold
2. Try it on Tuesday - Add Some Metal (I used metallic silver and gold embossing powder.)
3. Shopping Our Stash - SOS/Jingle Belles Bonus Challenge - Use stash item to make Christmas card (I used the Believe set with the Angel.)
4. Jingle Belles - Shopping our Jingly Stash - Use stash item to make a Christmas Card (I used the Believe set with the Angel.)
5. Cards in Envy - Inspired by a Song (My card was inspired by "Angels from the Realms of Glory".)
6. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love this Technique (I used my molten double embossing technique.)
7. Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge - Take a Stamp
8. Little Red Wagon Challenge #307 - Try Something New (I used the coarse embossing powder with my molten double embossing technique for the first time.)
9. The Artistic Stamper September Creative Challenge - Things with Wings
10. Southern Ridge Trading Co. September Challenge - Favourites (I used my favorite embossing technique.)
11. Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #236 - Sketch Challenge