It's the last day for this fortnight's Christmas Kickstart Challenge with the adorable theme of "Moves on Hooves". I don't know if Jo made that phrase up or not, but I find it such a fun and amusing Christmas challenge theme.
I really hoped to use a neglected stamp for this challenge, but none of my overlooked Christmas critter stamps were showing their hooves. It's not a requirement that you can see their feet.....I just *wanted* hooves showing....or at least lower legs!!!....for this fun theme.
So instead I went to my Christmas stash and found a lovely patterned envelope I had saved from a card a neighbor sent me in 2016. (I could still read the postmark!) I wish I had taken a picture of the envelope before I started slicing and dicing to turn it into a card!!! I love the desert colors and the image of Joseph and Mary on their way to Bethlehem.
With the usable leftover pieces from the envelope, I decorated up an envelope for my card. I sponged with Distress Ink and laid down a strip of sky and a die cut ornament. I guess you could say that this is an envelope decorated with an envelope.
Supplies used include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Unity - "Wishing you a blessed Christmas" from Unto Us
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
Spellbinders - Holiday Tags die set
Scraps of solid cardstock from stash
Old Christmas decorated envelope from stash
Distress Inks in Tattered Rose and Hickory Smoke
Hope you liked this card in the non-traditional colors. Thank you for stopping by today!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #6 - Moves on Hooves
2. Crimbo Crackers - AG Christmas
3. Crafter's Castle Challenge #15 - Anything Goes w/ opt. Use Glitter
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #348 - Use Snippets
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #430 - AG Christmas
6. Mod Squad - Use 1 or More Metal Dies
7. TCP March Tuesday Challenge #355 - Envie Envy (decorate an envelope to go with project)
8. Rudolph Days March Challenge