Seems like I am always playing catch up with the Butterfly Challenge, but this fortnight's challenge was too much fun to let pass by. The theme this time was the Letter B: Butterfly + Bifold, the specialty card type. I also chose Bluebell from the options. Mrs A. has excellent tutorials on a tab on her challenge page for different designs of these cards.
I used some Christmas gift card credit to buy the Graphic 45 Flutter collection. (Swoon!!) The double-sided sheets were perfect for the bifold design and even included the Bluebell color!! I went for a clean monochrome look.
Here's a shot of it closed. You can also see that I made a simple butterfly medallion to decorate the coordinating envelope, too.
Here it is opened up. A couple butterflies magically appear when it is opened that were hidden before. :)
I cobbled together a sentiment from several different sets. The line that says "on your" originally said "on your day" (you can see the set in the top photo). I could have done stamp surgery and cut off the "day" to use separately, but I live in fear of losing tiny pieces from my sets. Masking was the perfect solution! All I needed to do was use a bit of washi to cover up the extra word and my stamp stayed intact and I am much less likely to lose part of it!! Yay!!!
Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals stamp set
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy stamp set (the word BIRTHDAY in my sentiment).
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs stamp set (for the little heart I attached to the tail of the JOY word)
Winnie & Walter - Purrfect with Evelin T Designs stamp set (sweet little birdie on the sentiment panel)
Graphic 45 Flutter Collection
Distress Ink in Faded Jeans and Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (for butterflies and medallion on envelope)
Sizzix - Circles, Scallop die set
M&C Boutique - Large Circle Frame die set
Doily from my stash
Hope you liked how my bifold card turned out. It was fun to try this design!
Hope you are staying safe and warm wherever you live. Winter is not giving up without a fight around here with more snow in the forecast for tomorrow, but then warmer weather in the high 40s is predicted this weekend. It is amazing how spring-like it seems around here, considering we still have a foot of dense snow and ice on the ground! But I can hear water trickling outside in the afternoons, accompanied by birds singing, and the sun is noticeably higher in the sky than it was in the winter. I know spring really IS coming!!! Yay!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Challenge #118 - B is for.... (I used Bifold + Bluebell)
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge (I layered the circle dies)
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 3+ Stamp Set Challenge
4. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (I used 5 butterflies)
5. Winnie & Walter - Altering Stamps by Masking Challenge (I masked off part of a sentiment stamp)
6. Papercraft Challenge #16 - AG w/ opt. Animals
7. TCP March Tuesday Challenge #355 - Envie Envy (decorate an envelope to go with project)
8. Word-Art Wednesday Week #376-377 - AG
9. Penny Black and More March Challenge- Going around in Circles
10. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper March Challenge
11. DL.ART March Linky Challenge - AG
12. The House that Stamps Built - DCC36 Easter or Spring
13. Dare 2B Artzy March Challenge - Anything Goes
14. Hero Arts National Craft Month - Birthday Card