Here's another star card for you!!! I am soooooo loving stars lately. Green and gold are often used for St. Patrick's Day, but I thought....why not for Christmas????
This is the last day to participate in all the fabulous Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash challenges, so I am on the homestretch getting my last couple of ideas onto my blog. :) Thank you, Shay, for all the fun!!
I tried something new to me for this card. One of the W&W challenges was to mask your background using dies. I pulled out my Winnie & Walter - True Multifaceted Star Cutaways die set and cut a mask with it. Then I placed my star mask over a previously smooshed background and "painted" inside the mask with Gold Perfect Pearls to layer my stars over the smooshes. What a mess it made on my paintbrush and mask!!! Ha. But I love the gleaming faceted stars it produced.
The star in the center of the card didn't turn out as pretty with the lines between the facets being rather indistinct. But I layered up some Noel die-cuts to put over the top of the less-than-satisfactory star and chalked it up to being arty. :) I also die cut a festive sprinkling of little stars for more golden Christmas glow. LOVE!!! I even made a coordinating envelope!
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Noel Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - True Multifaceted Star Cutaways die set
Ranger - Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder in Perfect Gold
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Big Bang Confetti Cutaways die set \
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Scraps of DCWV cardstock in foil and solids
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set
Gold embossing powder
Dylusions Ink Spray in Fresh Lime
Hope you liked my card. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I appreciate that you take the time to always leave such positive comments!! Have a great day.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - Masking with Dies Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge (I layered the Noel diecuts.)
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (I used 5 little diecut stars on my card.)
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #378-379 - Anything Goes
5. CARDZ-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #85
6. Double Trouble Challenge #23 - Wearin' O' the Green
(I participated in each of the Troublemaker Challenges - Green, H2H, and Gold)
7. Heart 2 Heart March Challenge - Wearin' O' the Green
8. TCP March Tuesday Challenge #355 - Envie Envy (decorate an envelope to go with project)
9. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Feminine/Girly
10. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday February Challenge - Green and Gold
11. ABC Christmas Challenge - EFG are for..... (I used G is for Glitz)
12. Crimbo Crackers - AG Christmas
13. Creative Fingers Challenge #159 - Anything Goes
14. Mod Squad Challenge - Layered Looks (I layered my masked stars over my smooshed background and layered my diecuts, also.)
15. Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #273 - Anything Goes
16. Hero Arts National Craft Month - Dress up an Envelope Challenge