I'm here to share a set of fun Congrats cards. I think they would be good masculine graduation cards.
As you might already know, I typically do a lot of layering on my cards. I never like to waste all the covered up "middles" of the lower layers, so I often cut out a smaller shape from the centers to use later. The hole gets concealed by upper layers and the card is lighter and less bulky for mailing, too.
Recently, due to some careless oversight on my part, a few "congrats" die cuts got in contact with some of these holey backgrounds and I realized that they looked great in the holes!! One thing led to another......and the chilling specter of making shaker cards reared its ugly head! Eeek!!! I hardly ever make shakers. A bad childhood experience (or at least one in the not-too-distant cardmaking past) convinced me that this kind of card is NOT for me!! But.....never one to avoid making the same crafting mistake twice, I plunged in and made a whole set of them. Insane, right? Yep. lol....
I am loving stars lately and thought this would be a great way to use a bunch of my gold star confetti. I layered up some star die cuts, too, from the scraps of my congrats die cuts, etc.
Lucky thing that I somewhat centered these tag cut outs when I made them some months ago. Honestly, though, it was all completely inadvertent!
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Congrats Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (black background panel, tag)
Winnie & Walter - Big Bang Confetti Cutaways die set (stars)
Winnie & Walter - Big Balloon Cutaways die set (bow)
DCWV glitter cardstock scraps
Core'dinations/Darice cardstock and scraps
Acetate sheet from stash
Gold star confetti from stash
Hope you liked my starry cards. Thank you for your encouraging comments!!! Stay safe and warm if you are in a cold place.......like I am here in Idaho. Brrrrr......
Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Card Set Challenge
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (I used 5 colors: black, medium gray, light gray, gold, and white)
4. Unstampabelles Challenge #87 - Time for Men
5. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #347 - Use Snippets
6. Crafter's Castle Challenge #15 - Anything Goes w/ opt. Use Glitter
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - AG
8. Word-Art Wednesday Week #376-377 - AG
9. DL.ART March Linky Challenge - AG