Friday, April 5, 2019

Jingle All the Way




Hi, Friends......

I am here with another card for the Winnie & Winnie March Color Combo Challenge. Hope you are not tired of seeing the lovely palette we are using this month, because here it is again.
I've gone a little crazy using these colors because pink and purple are my faves!! 💓💜💓💜💓💜


This time I broke out of the spring color motifs and saw........... Christmas colors!! 

I stamped a background using elements from the Winnie & Walter - Comfort + Joy stamp set. I used Distress Inks which don't always stamp perfectly with solid images....but I am really into the arty look of some of the white showing in the bells and stars for a retro, kind of graphic print style look. 

I wanted to keep the sentiment very simple to not draw attention away from my fun background, but it had to be bold enough to hold its own, too. I glued two of the purple Happy die cuts together for more bulk and added a single matted "holidays" to it. I think it is just right.

Do you like how I curved the green word phrases around the images???? I love how that turned out!!


Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - Comfort + Joy stamp set
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy stamp set
Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, and Peeled Paint
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock and scraps



Hope you enjoyed my card in non-traditional colors. It was so fun to get creative and think outside the box with these colors and images. Thank you for stopping by today!!

❤
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Winnie March Color Combo Challenge
2. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #7 - Delectable Die-Cuts
3. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #380-381 - Anything Goes
4. ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for Hang it Up (I used jingle bell ornaments)
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - AG Christmas
6. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #181 - AG Christmas

7. DL.ART April Linky Challenge  
8. Craft Stamper April TIMI Challenge - AG with stamping

10 comments:

  1. Hi Janis love the non traditional colours of this card, so cheerful, thanks for joining us again at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curved wording too - how clever! This is lovely, Janis. Thanks for your second entry at CKC, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, I love how you have your Christmas on already
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL 2019 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...I LOVE how you used the small stamps and sentiments from these sets to make such a cheery card. Those curved phrases add wonderful energy and fun to your design and the colors are an unexpected surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the colours are great for Christmas, and I love how you have used the jingle bell ornaments to join our challenge - thank you for sharing. :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say - joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge :) :) :) Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun design. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis