Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Kitty with Heart - Hello, Friend



Hi, Friends......

I am here with a sweet card that can be used for an all-occasion card or for a valentine....next year, of course! :)  A friend recently brought me a lovely snack bag that had Ritz crakers, homemade apple-jalapeno jelly, and cream cheese. YUM!!!  That combo is one of my favorite indulgences!! She lined the bag with a pretty red heart doily, which I told her would end up on a card....so fair warning!  lol...

Since the doily was large, it would not fit easily on a single card...so I glued it onto a large scrap of flirty black and white dotted cardstock and die cut various sizes of hearts from it. LOVE!!!

I also followed the MFT Sketch for this week:







Supplies used include:
Great Impressions - Kitty with Heart stamp #E860S (retired)
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs stamp set (balloon)
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs die set
Newton's Nook Designs - Baskets of Wishes stamp set (sentiment)
Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir Markers
Misc. white cardstock and DCWV scraps
Ribbon from stash
Gingham paper from stash

I hope you liked my card. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great week. We are getting a little bit of fresh snow tonight. Hope you are staying safe and warm wherever you are.

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #477
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
3. Through the Craft Room Door Feb. 18th Challenge - AG
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #426-#427 - Anything Goes
5. Crafty Hazelnut's February Patterned Paper Challenge
6. Craft Stamper February TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
7. Penny Black and More February Challenge - Animals, Birds, and Butterflies
8. Double D Challenge - Saying Hello
9. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #372 - Use Snippets
10. Creative with Stamps Challenge #47 - Red



17 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card - the kitty made me smile.
    That snack combo you received sounds delicious. :-D
    Hugz
    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and adorable card and creative with the doily and who can resist a kitty...not me!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable Janis!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hello’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the cute kitty and die-cut heart with added doily-everything is fair game in craft lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really like this one and it's one of my favorite color combos. That cat stamp is just the cutest little thing and I applaud the upcycling of that red heart doily. I would have done that too..of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking in the red and white colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'Animals, Birds and Butterflies' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your card. Great use of the doily.
    I've run out of crackers and cheese . .. but still have some chocolate to share with you. Come and find me in the usual place in the Snippets Playground! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice I love the use of the doily ..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. Love the gingham and how you used this doily. We are getting some snow tonight too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card Janis! i really love it and how you used the doiley on your heart is so clever!

    I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, sadly I'm too late realising so can't send you a card in time. Bad me.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Janis, I love, love, LOVE what you did with the red doily on the polka dot heart! Very clever. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and fab card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet and cute card! Love the kitty in the heart!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis