Friday, February 21, 2020

Purrfect Friends


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a whimsical card I sent to a crafty friend for her birthday. Now that she has received it, I can post it. :) She likes kitties and birds, so I chose this fun Stampendous Laurel Burch image. I like birds, too, but cats are my favorites because they are such furry, purry adorable little independent, self-absorbed, naughty creatures!! I have 16 cats...(yes, 16!!!)...so I know!! lol...

I stamped this on one of my leftover Easter egg dye backgrounds and colored with my Spectrum Noirs markers. One fun thing about Laurel Burch images is that you don't need to stay with realistic colors for the animals. (Anyone for a purple cat? Yes, please!!) You might notice that I stamped some little flowers on that panel, too. I wanted just a bit of subtle pattern behind the kitty and birdie.

I debated with myself what color to use for the card base and matting. I originally planned to use purple. But when I put it next to some turquoise, the whole thing seemed to pop. It's a bit wild, but I LOVE it!! What do you think? Do you like the purple and turquoise? It is too much....or just right?


Supplies used include:
Stampendous - Laurel Burch Cat and Feathered Friend stamp
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir Markers
My Favorite Things - Cat-itude stamp set
Versafine ink in Onxy Black
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Leftover Easter egg dye background
Canson - Mixed Media Paper
DCWV and K&Co. Scraps
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock for matting and card base

Hope you liked my card. Are you staying safe and warm as we wait for winter to turn into spring? We have snow on the ground here, but none falling for several days. The days have been sunny and chilly, my very favorite kind of winter day.....also my cats' favorite. They line up in the sunny windows on the back porch and get toasty warm in the sunshine. Purr....

Thank you for stopping by today!!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. As You Like It - Favorite Animal (and why)
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
3. Through the Craft Room Door Feb. 18th Challenge - AG
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #426-#427 - Anything Goes
5. Crafty Hazelnut's February Patterned Paper Challenge
6. Craft Stamper February TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
7. Penny Black and More February Challenge - Animals, Birds, and Butterflies
8. SUYP Challenge #51 - Furrything Goes
9. Sugarpea Designs February Meant to be Sent Challenge - Friendship
10. DL.ART February Linky Challenge

16 comments:

  1. Great colour combination, great image and some lovely papers. Thank you for joining our Animals,Birds and Butterflies challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun card... but 16 cats! Wowser!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel Burch is all about cute, whimsical and colorful. I think your colors are great.

    I want to know what it's like at feeding time at your house. Is it a stampede of kitty cat paws clambering over each other trying to see who gets there first? [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! No, there is not a stampede. Four of my cats are inside most of the time and three of them get a special dollop of canned cat food twice a day in three separate places, so nobody eats 16 yr old Jetta's medicated one. There is a symphony of pleading meows when it is dollop time, though. They have crunchies in their pan all the time.

      For the outside kitties, I have to bring their pan in at night because the raccoons will clean it out otherwise. (Have you ever seen them do that? Coons will sit back on their haunches and grab handfuls of cat food two hands at a time to stuff in their masked faces!! Little bandits!!) So when the outside cats are hungry after dark, they line up at my kitchen window and stare at me while I cook supper or work in the kitchen. We call it "watching the Food Channel". I can take a hint, so I put a little more out for them eat, but not so much that the coons will get very much. In the morning I fill up their pan and 7 or 8 of them are right there waiting. They have a "pecking order" though, so only certain ones push to the front of the line. :) The more timid ones wait until the line is gone and then show up to eat.

      Cats are so funny!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. You have used such a pretty colour palette on your lovely card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Animals, Birds and Butterflies' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card!!! LOVE turquoise and purple together, they are my fav colours (plus green) :D That cat is so fun and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janis, hope you are keeping well. Love your card - I'm a big fan of these stamps and was amazed when I found a painted, wooden ornament a few years ago that looked just like these cute cat images. Take care, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a purr-fect card and I love the colours :-)
    My Stampeded starts just before 4pm feed time LoL Oh, I would love to see Raccoons - I know they can be naughty but I would LUV to have one as a pet :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purrfect with the purple and turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the purfect cat card colours and all .
    Thanks for sharing and joining in here at anything goes challenge from TTCRD ,https://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry and hope we see more from you soon .
    Shirley-Anne DT
    https://shirley-anne-stampingforjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining the DL.ART FEBRUARY LINKY challenge
    Super duper cute!! I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely friendship card with beautiful colours and gorgeous papers. Many thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabulous colour combination and love the idea of a purple cat too lol-wow though 16 cats we have three and two dogs-the cats both eat out of each others dishes probably making sure it's the same stuff lol and bang on feeding time they are all there-theyr feeding clocks are always on time -well throws them out for a couple of weeks when we change the clocks---love the sound of your food channel watch
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you know how I feel about using non-realistic colors on Laurel Burch kitties...I LOVE it! So purple and turquoise are just perfect in my opinion. Love the look of the coloring on your dyed background. It gives everything a dreamlike quality that is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis